RATINGS: 470   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is a robust and velvety addition to Leinenkugel’s seasonal selection. This porter-style beer is aged on real vanilla to reveal rich layers of caramel, coffee and chocolate that is ideal for the season.

raymow (1732) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 17, 2014
bottled - has a nice sweet aroma and flavor. you can taste the vanilla in there too. Not bad.

coldbrewky (1730) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - NOV 17, 2012
Beers just fall into place sometimes. This one did for sure. You see dear readers, the other day my Wife decided to continue doing work outside even though she had tweaked her knee earlier in the day. The end result of this was that she blew out her tweaked knee and injured the other. Great, I thought, now I will have to finish the work outside, and abandon all the great basement projects. I was only partially correct. Not only do I have to cater to the crippled Wife, I was sent to the store yesterday with a list. Yes, intrepid readers, me with a list, at the store. As I assembled the listed victuals, I like any self respecting male tripled the order with items seldom seen in my household. As I was searching for the last item on the list..."diet tooth paste" I found myself standing in front of the refrigerated six pack section. This was the only beer that didst look to be total crap so I bought it. Consumed during the microwave shelf installation project last evening. I believe that this may be my longest preamble to a beer rating to date. Bottle: Consumed directly from bottle. A strong sweet nose of sweet dark malt and a hint of vanilla. Body is slick and long lasting. Chocolate malt and milk swirl. Body seems to have two levels of increasing sweetness. Vanilla and a touch of caramel appear about half way thru the "sweet experience". Finish is abrupt. A decent sweet porter that barely stands apart from the rest.

jrodooo5 (1703) - DOVER, Delaware, USA - NOV 27, 2013
Surprisingly tasty! Velvety smooth on the palate w/ very good chocolate aroma that draws you in. The pour is a average - dark brown w/ a thin tan head that leaves little lacing. The taste is dominated by the chocolate but it works & is quite a good beer!

jflopsu (1698) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - OCT 28, 2013
Pours a dark black with light brown head. Has a faint roasted malt aroma, but not strong. A nice mixed taste of vanilla, roasted malt, coffee and chocolate. Aftertaste is similar to a vanilla latte.

Beerathon (1683) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 18, 2014
A pretty straightforward porter with vanilla character. A bit thin, but definitely has drinkibility.

trevor211 (1681) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 8, 2013
Pours dark brown. Flavor really throws you with this one -- it smells like a pretty standard porter, with some chocolate and darker malts (although there really isn’t much there) -- but the flavor brings in root beer and vanilla cream soda. It has a really weird artificial sweetness that doesn’t do it any good. This tastes more like a novelty beverage you’d get for a college party than it does like something they put a good amount of effort into. The vanilla is too sweet and artificial, and doesn’t add much complexity. Really more like a soda than a beer.

JHeath99 (1679) - Warner Robins, Georgia, USA - NOV 28, 2014
Bottle. Pours an opaque dark dark brown with a layer of tan head. Aroma and taste of malts and chocolate with a hint of vanilla.

geologyguy (1645) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - JAN 21, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 5, 2014 Cant smell in glass..too diffuse..taste is smooth and medium strong like creme brule stout.... (great)! Quite nice light vanilla

Beerenberger (1605) - Fischer, Texas, USA - NOV 26, 2012
Aroma is rather barnyardish. Pours a brownish black with a none lasting tan head and minimal lacing. The taste is malt followed by a vanilla blast. Medium bodied with medium carbonation. Overall, very enjoyable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AndyW68 (1589) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - FEB 14, 2013
Clear deep red with off white head. Aroma of vanilla, banana and a little chocolate. First taste gave me malt, vanilla. Then "rootbeer" came to mind. The finish had a very little chocolate bitter, but left me with a stale taste at the end.