RATINGS: 497   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Leinenkugels Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is a robust and velvety addition to Leinenkugels seasonal selection. This porter-style beer is aged on real vanilla to reveal rich layers of caramel, coffee and chocolate that is ideal for the season.

coldbrewky's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
coldbrewky (1730) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - NOV 17, 2012
Beers just fall into place sometimes. This one did for sure. You see dear readers, the other day my Wife decided to continue doing work outside even though she had tweaked her knee earlier in the day. The end result of this was that she blew out her tweaked knee and injured the other. Great, I thought, now I will have to finish the work outside, and abandon all the great basement projects. I was only partially correct. Not only do I have to cater to the crippled Wife, I was sent to the store yesterday with a list. Yes, intrepid readers, me with a list, at the store. As I assembled the listed victuals, I like any self respecting male tripled the order with items seldom seen in my household. As I was searching for the last item on the list..."diet tooth paste" I found myself standing in front of the refrigerated six pack section. This was the only beer that didst look to be total crap so I bought it. Consumed during the microwave shelf installation project last evening. I believe that this may be my longest preamble to a beer rating to date. Bottle: Consumed directly from bottle. A strong sweet nose of sweet dark malt and a hint of vanilla. Body is slick and long lasting. Chocolate malt and milk swirl. Body seems to have two levels of increasing sweetness. Vanilla and a touch of caramel appear about half way thru the "sweet experience". Finish is abrupt. A decent sweet porter that barely stands apart from the rest.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bebum (895) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 22, 2017
Clear copper, tall, lasting head. Sweet nose. Medium body, flavorful, gentle mouthfeel with high carbonation but average heat. Sweetish, hint of sourness and bitterness more evident in the finish. Very malty, tar, medium roast coffee, caramel, yeast but not a lot of vanilla. Very pleasant and well balanced porter. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DocLock (10472) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 11, 2016
Bottle from Wegmans. Pours turbid ruby/dark brown with tan head. Nose is roasty dark malt, caramel, coffee, nuts. Tastes malty, with notes of nuts, molasses, hops, vanilla. Tart finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
asheft (3058) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 1, 2016
Bottle--thanks, Marc! Strong vanilla aroma along with milk chocolate and a little red fruit. Nearly opaque black with clear, garnet highlights under a lasting, tan foam. Very sweet vanilla flavour, with very low bitterness, if any, and a watery finish. Faint chocolate and coffee accents with some toasted hazelnuts and red fruit. Medium full body, smooth, almost sticky, medium carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
RSRIZZO (1980) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - SEP 30, 2016
12oz bottle (courtesy of Headbanger) poured into a Shaker at 42. Color is a deep near black brown with mellow carbonation and a thin tan head. Aroma is roasted malt and vanilla. It has a medium body with a crisp mouth feel. Flavor comes in a little sweet with vanilla and mild coffee, then just a hint of hop spice and bitterness. After taste is dry with a baking coco note. Overall its good, but not a great winter porter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
bartzluke (598) - Oklahoma, USA - JUN 29, 2016
12 oz pour from chilled bottle into tulip. Light brown, opaque, nice foamy head. Not as dark as I typically like my porters though. Nose us roasty with a hint of chocolate. Body is thin-to-medium. Taste is bitter up front with a sweet finish. Chocolate and caramel

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
oldrtybastrd (5002) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 13, 2016
Pours a very dark brown with brown head. Chocolate aroma, as well as caramel. Sweet taste with notes of caramel, chocolate, and roasted malts.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
fordest (2470) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - FEB 24, 2016
From the bottle at a friends house for dinner and beer tasting. Nice dark pour with minimal head. good roasted malts and classic porter with a good touch of vanilla.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
unclefrito62 (240) - Stow, Ohio, USA - FEB 15, 2016
I love this beer. It is easy to drink smells like malty with a little vanilla. I love the appearance dark and deep Smooth very smooth. I love this on my tongue You can taste the vanilla for sure. Overall this is one of my favorite drinking beers in the wintertime. Yum!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Stampion (244) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - FEB 6, 2016
Bottle. Pours black with no head. Not overly vanilla, decent flavor of vanilla and toffee. Somehow, the beer seems thin to me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
tbunting75 (42) - - JAN 23, 2016
Pleasantly subtle vanilla on the nose, flavor reads more bourbon/booze with just enough roasted malt.