RATINGS: 483   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is a robust and velvety addition to Leinenkugel’s seasonal selection. This porter-style beer is aged on real vanilla to reveal rich layers of caramel, coffee and chocolate that is ideal for the season.

coldbrewky's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
coldbrewky (1731) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - NOV 17, 2012
Beers just fall into place sometimes. This one did for sure. You see dear readers, the other day my Wife decided to continue doing work outside even though she had tweaked her knee earlier in the day. The end result of this was that she blew out her tweaked knee and injured the other. Great, I thought, now I will have to finish the work outside, and abandon all the great basement projects. I was only partially correct. Not only do I have to cater to the crippled Wife, I was sent to the store yesterday with a list. Yes, intrepid readers, me with a list, at the store. As I assembled the listed victuals, I like any self respecting male tripled the order with items seldom seen in my household. As I was searching for the last item on the list..."diet tooth paste" I found myself standing in front of the refrigerated six pack section. This was the only beer that didst look to be total crap so I bought it. Consumed during the microwave shelf installation project last evening. I believe that this may be my longest preamble to a beer rating to date. Bottle: Consumed directly from bottle. A strong sweet nose of sweet dark malt and a hint of vanilla. Body is slick and long lasting. Chocolate malt and milk swirl. Body seems to have two levels of increasing sweetness. Vanilla and a touch of caramel appear about half way thru the "sweet experience". Finish is abrupt. A decent sweet porter that barely stands apart from the rest.

theisti (4236) - Kansas, USA - JAN 7, 2018
12 oz twist off bottle that was part of the World Market 9 pack Beers of Winter gift from my Mother in Law. MAR2618 printed on bottle neck. The pour is a brown ruby copper with a fizzy one inch light khaki head that is lasting. The aroma is sweet caramel, vanilla and soft roast malt. The taste is sweet cherry vanilla, caramel malt, and a bit of a coffee roast coming through in the finish. The palate is light bodied, very active carbonation and a sweetish vanilla lingering finish. With the sweetness and high carbonation, almost has a soda pop feel to it.

patandkendra (12) - Hebron, Indiana, USA - JAN 6, 2018
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2018 Aroma is lightly of vanilla, but there isn’t much of an aroma to this beer. Appearance is what a dark beer should be. Taste is of vanilla, notes of chocolate, and faintly of coffee. Has a mouthfeel with body.

kraybr (4) - - DEC 31, 2017 does not count
Good mid sized brewery beer. Pleasant taste is not overpowering. If you are searching for a beer to knock your socks off with a sip, this won’t be the beer for you. It will however provide you with a good beer that you can enjoy all day long. Glad to have gotten this beer for the new year... ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Ihsan (10) - - DEC 25, 2017
No real aroma which is disappointing. Taste is a bit flat but there is a distinct vanilla aftertaste which is pleasant. Pores very dark with a light tan head. Decent beer but not as good as their other offerings. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

MavDunk (140) - - DEC 23, 2017
On tap at Applebee’s. Light nutty chocolate aroma. Barely. Taste doesn’t do much for me. Some malts and cardboard. Maybe vanilla. Meh.

snider75 (6) - - DEC 23, 2017 does not count
I actually really like this beer. I was totally surprised because I wouldn’t normally drink a beer this dark. I will definitely drink more of this one! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

prongs100 (4) - - DEC 22, 2017 does not count
No vanilla tastevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mjmoen (626) - - DEC 19, 2017
B-. Pours a black color with khaki head. Has a unique flavor, subtle vanilla

muttsy (3) - - DEC 15, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2017 Weak body, hyper cabonation. Don’t taste much by way of Porter/Coffee tones or vanilla.

drpimento (3814) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 10, 2017
The aroma flavor and body are all suffering from a weak malt bill. The concept is good as I pick up some of the claimed qualities of dark malts roastiness, vanilla, burnt sugar but the thinness does damage.