RATINGS: 962   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.61/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Beer with natural lemonade flavor.

Dacrza (1070) - Great Meadows, New Jersey, USA - AUG 31, 2008
Soft, hazy swiftly effervescent orange/lemon body with a sudsy, off-white head that settles to a thin line in a tumbler... lemon zest aroma--not to the point of DAWN, but close? Without a scent of malt or hop...soft, zesty, swift bubbles on the tongue... no impact early, but a burst of champagne bubbles blast late results in a pleasantly drinkable beer... lemonade indeed--not sure if this qualifies as a fruit beer or a cheap gimmick (most on this website seem to think the latter)... a bit of malt at the finish attempts to fortify with a backbone... ADMITTANCE: I like the alliterative name of this beer--who doesn’t feel another era awaken with the word shandy?--and of all the Leinenkugel "weisse" assortment, this is the most pleasant to drink and the most thoughtless to enjoy, i.e., it does what it set out to do...

1.2
37steel (186) - St. Charles, Illinois, USA - AUG 28, 2008
Its almost like a lemon pledge beer. Very weird lemony aroma which is way over the top. The flavors start fairly clean but back into a terrible lemon finish which is just too lemony. Good idea gone very bad.

JFURYCAT (1078) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 23, 2008
Like a lemon water cooler but with some tartness, straw, and wheat. It lacks a full body and is overshadowed by the other leinenkugel beers but it works for the beach or lawnmowing.

Acknud (1082) - Morganfield, Kentucky, USA - AUG 23, 2008
Started off well, finished rather badly. I thought it was ok until the weird aftertaste set in. The aftertaste was what I would imagine Pledge would taste like.

BeerHawk (1811) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - AUG 21, 2008
Bottle. Hazy lighter yellow with a fizzy white head that settles out quickly. The aroma finds lots of lemon backed with some wheat and maybe it was just my imagination but a hint of clove. The flavor is almost over powering with lemon. Reminded me of lemon meringue pie. Light body and tart throughout.

Hinez57 (253) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - AUG 19, 2008
Not suprised by the fact that Imaena’s, just below my rating, description is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I poured 2/3rds of this beer down the drain! The only reason this didn’t get a .5 is because of a citrus aroma and good look in the glass. I’d rather drink a Budweiser. Leinenkugels continues to disappoint!

Imaena (2359) - Maputo, MOZAMBIQUE - AUG 19, 2008
Bottle 08’. Somehow a case of this ended up at my girl freinds parents house (I might have reccomended it because they liked fruity beers) and they did not drink it. So I sampled some. I have had quite a bit of proper shandy when I lived in the UK and this is not a sparkling lemonade lager mix. This is corn syrup fermented out and mixed with lemon flavoring. Gross. Thin body, sweet and bitter lemon, and astringent finsish.

Bella68 (42) - Alabama, USA - AUG 16, 2008
I think this is one of those that you either love it, or you don’t. Recommended to me by some friends. As I poured this into my glass, my first thought was, "this looks just like lemon juice from concentrate". The aroma was very much there I kid you not...pure lemons. Flavor was similar to lemon drops and thin bodied. Actually, I thought it was kind of a refreshing change and would be nice to occasionally enjoy, but not regularly (thus the limited edition).

popephred (272) - Plainfield, Illinois, USA - AUG 14, 2008
Poured from the bottle into a pint glass. Pour produced a cloudy, pale yellow body, topped with a large white head of foam. Aroma is strongly of lemons (as expected) and wheat. This is a light-bodied beer with a light wheat palate and a moderate lemon finish. It is what it purports to be: beer and lemonade. Certainly a summer beverage. It took a bit to grow on me, and, like the other seasonal brewed by Leinenkugel, "Apple Spice" seems like they used the entire fruit, seeds and all, giving it a bitter seed like aftertaste.

kosko20 (352) - Bemidji, Minnesota, USA - AUG 13, 2008
Good refreshing light summer beer. Aroma of lemon, lime and wheat. Pretty pleasant, not over powering. Looks like a cloudy piss yellow with no head. Flavor is lemons with some wheat. Palate very smooth and full. Overall, pleasantly surprised and will repeat drinking for summer occasions. And a nice example of this style.