RATINGS: 9   MEAN: 3.79/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 336   ABV: 11.2%
We used 4 yeast strains, which add to the complexity of the quad and Belgian Candy Syrup called D180. D-180 is a very dark award winning premium Candi Syrup, which contributes the depth and lightens the body of the most authentic Belgian-Style Quads.

Most RecentTicked By

HeadyBottomer (6) - - MAY 12, 2017 does not count
750 mL. Appears very dark in the bottle. Purchased to celebrate the closing of a massive real estate deal with my business partner, Mariacarla, a voluptuous Italian wine heiress aging as well as the choicest selections of her country’s most well respected sommeliers. As I reached up into the cabinet to retrieve a pair of trappist glasses I heard the staccato clicking shut of the door’s lock. "My husband is out of town for another day," Mariacarla offered as she slowly dimmed the overhead lights in the room. I paused for a moment and upon turning around my gaze was met with the sight of Mariacarla, her blouse fully unbuttoned (she never wore a bra), advancing towards me across the room. "Don’t you think great success should be celebrated with the tasting of the finest that life has to offer?" she said, taking the bottle of Lickinghole Creek Goochland Quad from my hand and simultaneously guiding my head toward her breast. The bottle poured a smoky dark brown over her smooth olive complexion. The roasted malt and soft spice taste combined with the salty taste of her skin as I eagerly tongued her areola to catch all I could of this now transformed goddess nectar cascading over her tumescent nipple. "I think a success this large deserves more than a taste," I replied looking up as she ceased pouring the beer for a moment. Mariacarla reached down with her right hand, adorned with wedding ring and a large diamond in a setting of white gold, and grasped my engorged member through the gingham fabric of my pants. She went down to both knees and with a deliberate yet slowly paced unbuttoning and unzipping met my eagerness head on. My cock felt hard as the diamond in her ring as she greeted it with a kiss to the tip and began pouring the remaining Lickinghole Creek Goochland Quad over the eight inch chalice I provided for her to serve herself with. "Dark fruit....caramel....and medium bitterness" she observed, alternating each word with a deep tasting of my homage to London’s marble arch, taking me in my entirety into her mouth and throat with every effort. Finally, I was on top of her on the hard wood floor, and having successfully ripped each other’s clothing to shreds I proceeded to utilize what remained of the Lickinghole Creek Goochland Quad as a lubrication (similar to cocoa butter or perhaps a fine milk stout) that was surely unnecessary. With every successive thrust I felt I was penetrating deeper and deeper until I felt as if I were making love to her very soul itself. I found myself on the verge of passing out as we both reached orgasm and she screamed indecipherable Italian phrases that I imagine would make even Mary Magdalene blush. "La petite mort" she uttered just after we climaxed in unison, and I sat up to catch the beer bottle that was about to roll off the counter just before it could shatter all over the floor. I stared at the bottle in my hand for a few seconds. "Can I interest you in an other Lickinghole?" I looked up and asked Mariacarla. "Pardon me?" she replied with a slightly furrowed brow. "Lickinghole," I returned. "It’s the name of the beer we just enjoyed." "I don’t want any more beer," she told me, "but yes you can."

TheBeerGod (6296) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - OCT 16, 2016
Bottle - 750mL crowned. Murky dark brown pour with a medium tan head. Aroma is dark fruit, soft spice, candy notes, caramel and toasted malt. Taste is toasted malt, caramel, spices, floral notes, honey, candi syrup and dark fruit notes. Some booze as well. Body is medium with a moderate bubbly carbonation. Finishes with more toasted malt, caramel, dark fruit, spice notes and candi syrup.

Savage_Night (438) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAY 1, 2016
UPDATED: MAY 1, 2016 Pours dark brown with a medium tan head that quickly dissipates and leaves behind a medium thick cap along with modest lacing. AROMA: roasted malt, dark stone fruit, molasses, herbal hops, dates, boozy, molasses, spices, yeast esters, herbal floral hops and earthy. TASTE: roasted malt, dark stone fruit, molasses, herbal hops, dates, boozy, molasses, spices, black peppercorns,, hop spice and earthy. AFTER TASTE: malty, spices, hop spice, dark stone fruit and molasses with an oily medium spiced herbal finish.

lightbias (455) - USA - APR 14, 2016
This is a style welcome at any time of the day. It so happens I’m having it after work, which suggests nothing, but ensures a good night’s sleep. Peeling the cap back from the neck brings forth a caramel-esque aroma of little significance, but I know better than to judge right away. - The pour is burnt caramel in hue, the head a finger deep, rising thick and moderately dense, a soft latte atop the rich, dark liquid. The first sip catches my attention with a bit of booze and a lot of caramel, and the aroma is catching up now as the beer warms in the glass. The burnt caramel, laced with dark plums and supported with a foundation of sweet dough is not overbearing, instead, the consonancy appears deliberate and well orchestrated. - The moderately textured body is less smooth than I anticipated, and even a bit lively. It flows well over my tongue and singes the soft flesh of my mouth with the alcohol, but that lightly scathing effect is slightly addictive. Swallow after swallow, this just tastes better, but the warmer it gets, the thinner and less interesting the texture; it doesn’t seem to be holding up well, but the flavor and aroma continue to please. - Tasting notes: Drink at moderate temperatures, do not let this sit, but don’t over-do it either. At 9.5%, this is somewhat a sipper...and a very tasty one at that.

radagast83 (8705) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - MAR 12, 2016
Draft at Rustico. Poured a cloudy brown color with a sandal off-white head. Sweet malts. Light fruity apricot? Dried stonefruits. Sweet malts. Light booze, very warning.

jefcon (1935) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - FEB 7, 2016
A really delicate quad with a raisin, currant and eatery nose. Floral palate, but also sweet. Huge amount of complexity from the yeast, which makes all those fine doughy-flavors rich enough to balance the beer at 9.5 percent.

tsd08460 (1304) - Marshall, Virginia, USA - FEB 3, 2016
Aroma: alcohol, raisin, prunes, Belgian yeast Appearance: hazy amber brown with a beige head Taste: medium sweetness, medium bitterness, Palate: medium body, creamy, long finish, soft carbonation, Delicious

hershiser2 (3892) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 1, 2016
On tap at Sedona. Pretty brown with a nice light brown head. Taste is dark fruits, rubbing alcohol, chocolate malt. Besides the overwhelming rubbing alcohol that comes through, this is tasty. But that kills it overall for me. NOTE: my last beer at Sedona. When you try to screw a regular customer on their bill, why the hell should I come back?

DCLawyer (2949) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - JAN 1, 2016
Draft at Fireworks. Dark purplish brown with bare head. DArk fruit, caramel, lite spice, yeast. Decent.

GenDV138 (7967) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - JUL 7, 2015
Draft at Fire Works Pizza in Leesburg. Shared by DCLawyer, thanks! Dark amber brown with beige head. Aromas of dark fruit, caramel, herbs, spice. Medium body with a dry finish.