overall
Brewed by Liefmans (Duvel-Moortgat)
Style: Sour Red/Brown
Oudenaarde, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1556   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Infinitely complex in aroma and flavor with notes of maltiness and tartness throughout. An unsurpassed old brown with the richness and complexity of a vintage wine.

andrepintado's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
andrepintado (3701) - Porto, - APR 16, 2013
75cl from el corte ingles, lisbon. Dark redish color with thin head. Taste is complex, bitterness, sourness and sweetness all over. Aroma is fruits, raisins, cellar, malt.

TychoJames (1474) - �rebro, SWEDEN - DEC 3, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 3, 2017 Storflaska Bishops Örebro. Grumlig rödbrun vätska. Doft av fat, röda bär och jäst. Liknande i smak. Jästa bär, trä, jordkällare och spannmål.

GarageBrewer80 (673) - SWEDEN - DEC 3, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 3, 2017 Flaska från Bishops Örebro. Rödbrun kulör med liten grå skumkrona. Doft av röda bär, torkade frukter, rödvinsvinäger och knäck. Syrlig, jordig, vinös och söt munkänsla. Smak av rödvinsvinäger, jordkällare, knäck, farinsocker, rödvin, hallon och vinbär.

alhobj (53) - - NOV 24, 2017

DavidSvinth (315) - DENMARK - NOV 12, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 12, 2017 Vinøs aroma: fad og syrlige bær. Smagen er moderat syrlig og diskret sød. Meget afmålt, trods den høje alkoholprocent.

elbernays (1700) - Dublin, IRELAND - NOV 2, 2017
Bottle from McHughs. Pours brown with reddish hue. Off white foam head. Aroma is cherries, blackberry, leather, wood, earth. Flavour is a deep sweet cherry, burnt raisin, wood with a tart dry berry finish which is sweet and alcoholic also. A lot going on and tasty.

mrwendel (1) - - OCT 30, 2017 does not count
I like, I like, I like, I like, I like, I like, I like, I like, I like, I like, I like

emincems (123) - TURKEY - OCT 26, 2017
It pours dark brown color with small beige head. Foam doesn't stay long, but there is nice lacing. It smells beautifully. Plum, cherry, wood, tartness and slightly barnyard.Taste is half lambic half quad. Taste of sour cherry and sour plum is balanced with bitterness of high abv and wood. Finish is surprisingly short. Abv is not hidden. Softly astringent. Medium bodied, moderate carbonation. I love Belgian sours and this is one of them. Superbly delicious.

fellebag (1556) - Oslo, NORWAY - OCT 21, 2017
Bottle 33cl. Small white lager. Black red color. Aroma is oak, rose wine, leather, berries. Sour taste.

scotty (1226) - SCOTLAND - OCT 20, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 20, 2017 Fairly dark with a thin head. Quite a complex aroma of dark fruit with herbal notes. The palate is clean, quite tart and refreshing, with a good finish. A cracking beer!

dropi6 (654) - POLAND - OCT 12, 2017
Brown, long-lasting foam. Some alcohol, vanilla, wood, dark fruis, cherries, raisin. Sour, dry, tart. Decent.