overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1185   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Lindemans Cassis is a lambic made from local barley, unmalted wheat, and wild yeast. After spontaneous fermentation the lambic is aged in oak. Black currants are added creating a secondary fermentation and yielding an ale of exceptional flavor and complexity.

mmmbeer (1429) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 5, 2008
Bottle poured into flute- poured dark red purple, transparent, medium carbonation, off pink head formed and went away, strong aromas of yeast and various fruits (pineapple, blackberries, red sour cherries). Hits the mouth with a thin body, alot of different fruity tastes, some sweetness, finish is mildly sour.

MadIndian (2743) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 3, 2008
Bottle from Trenton Take out. Ruby pour with a odd aroma whic I guess can only be the currant they advertise. It was too sweet for me ans not well balanced. Not horrible mind you but I wouldn’t drink it again.

weaselkenievil (1609) - Cheshire, ENGLAND - MAR 3, 2008
Smells of Vimto, tastes like Vimto but by eck, it isn’t you know. Not sure if there are better black currant lambics but when I’m not drinking beer my usual choice of throat lubrication is black currant juice. So I’m quite happy that this can get me drunk. Perhaps I should stop drinking soft drinks all together. A good clean your teeth with drink. The kind of drink I could use to wipe the eye bogies away, and then neck the rest of the bottle on the way to which ever adventure I was on my way to. I’m not a lambic fan really, most are too tart. This were proper nice.

AmEricanbrew (7011) - Same Trailer, Different Park, Louisiana, USA - FEB 26, 2008
Grape juice color with a foamy strawberry tinted head, nice lacing. Strong oak nose with burnt rubber and berries. Full bodied and smooth. Taste is fruity sweet grapejuice with subtle oak and mustiness. Malted fruit juice. 3257

puzzl (3264) - New York, New York, USA - FEB 24, 2008
4 year old/2003 bottle supplied by EDA, I guess as an experiment. I haven’t had this fresh, but this was a damn interesting beer being this old. Massively fruity, almost overwhelmingly so, but lots of complexity. Very tropical: pineapple, passionfruit, agave, blackberry, cherry. Lightly tart up front in the flavor, more fruit punch going down. When blended with Nogne O’s massive 16% Dark Horizon imperial stout, this be completely overwhelmed it until I got near something like 6:1 DH to this. The fruit sweetness was that strong. But not in a bad way.

Jmichael (640) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 23, 2008
pours a dark clear red with pink head. sweet sour cherry aroma. Milky initial palate and a flat consistency. mild front with fruity sour finish. hidden fruit complexity with the full bodied fruity finish, lacks a spritz and offers a unique mouthfeel.

masto (77) - Helsinki, FINLAND - FEB 22, 2008
Bottle. Dark purple with wonderful lacy dark pink head. Powerful, pleasant aroma of black currants. Very, very sour, whch is awesome. The sourness is not at all foul, unlike in cranberry juice or such. Delicious, juicy mouth feel. I love black currants that’s what this tastes like, powerfully. Is a tad too sweet to me. I love the sweet/sour thing in this, but perfection could be attained with slightly less sugar. Regardless, the best tasting fruit/berry beverage I can remember ever having. Have to try more lambics. 230208

bigtaster (1028) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - FEB 21, 2008
Aroma and flavor remind me a lot of wine. Nice dark red/purple color, thick slightly pink head. Tart, crisp, dry. Good lambic.

Brix (660) - DENMARK - FEB 19, 2008
Tasted 2008-02-19. Fresh bottle (3,5%). Pours clear, dark red with a light pink head. Powerfull aroma of black currant. A little too much like a black currant juice. No funk in the aroma. Flavour: Sour, but not extremely sour. It’s like the funk of the lambic is completely covered up by the berries (/added sugar?), leaving it just a tad bitter and very sweet/sour in a way that doesn’t quite ring my bell. It’s still very decent, though - I even like it, I just don’t love it!

Goodgrief (2059) - Middletown, Delaware, USA - FEB 16, 2008
Jan. 2007 - Pour was deep reddish purple, nice head & good lacing. Strong fruity aroma with sour lambic undertones. Strong flavor with a really nice balance of sweet and sour. Nice!