overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1175   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Lindemans Cassis is a lambic made from local barley, unmalted wheat, and wild yeast. After spontaneous fermentation the lambic is aged in oak. Black currants are added creating a secondary fermentation and yielding an ale of exceptional flavor and complexity.

RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Interesting purple our with a thick, foamy lavender head. Aroma o sour yeast, currants. Flavor is a bit more tart than Lindeman’s other offerings, but pleasant nonetheless. Not bad.

cheap (5856) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 18, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 12, 2008 Delicious wild berry aroma and flavors like no other I’ve tasted. Swirling cloudy purplish pour from the gunk on the bottom. Similar to the cherry and raspberry but unique in the flavored beer & lambic arena. Unless you don’t like ’sweet’, there are no negative attitudes about this stuff. Smooth and addicting. Beatiful blend of fruit and tart beer. Lovely, simply lovely. Creamy carbonation like fizzy bubling candy. I thought my favorite beer was framboise but I think I have reason to think of currants. I could drink this cassis all day starting with breakfast and with the listed alky content, it’s possible. Like other lambics, the only thing that keeps me drinking regular cheap beer instead of this is the not-so-cheap cost.

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 14, 2007
In short: An overly sweet blackcurrant lambic. Good at first but quickly becomes sickening
How: 375ml Bottle, 6 months old
The look: Dark purple body topped by a long-lasting medium pink head
In long: Aroma of sweet blueberry muffin. Taste is sweet and sugary and it really kills the Lambic. Blackcurrant and blueberry flavours abound. A little woody. Overall impression of a blackcurrant-flavoured candy. Light sourness and moderately acidic. Full body. At first I was pleasantly surprised by this one (I really don’t care for the sweetened Lindeman’s products). The first few sips were a 3+. But the more I drank it the more the sugary sweetness became sickening and finally I had a hard time finishing my 375ml bottle. However it made me realize that using blackcurrants in a lambic is a great idea and I wish one of the “serious” lambic makers (Cantillon, 3F, etc.) would make one. A blackcurrant lambic could be a classy and tasty beer but this one is made by the wrong company. The beer equivalent of McSurf&Turf.

BREWMUSKCLES (2685) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 12, 2007
good body and more than appropriate mouthfeel and creaminess. lovely raspberry and berry flavors with real sugar. surprised how much i enjoyed the one 7 oz glass. really not a beer but really a superior (albiet one dimensional) fruit brew. all should make certain to try this, as it is an eye opener.

LinusStick (3458) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 12, 2007
Not a very tasty lambic compared to their others. Aroma was good. Heavy berries all the way. Pour was a dark plumb with just a thin violet ring for a head. Taste was very grape-y with a bit of sugar and barely any carbonation. Mouthfeel was a nice, but without the heavy carbonation I’m used to in lambics, my untrained tastebuds didn’t know what to do. Nice overall but I’ll take their kreik any day over this.

Brouwser (119) - gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 6, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2008 Couleure de vin rouge, avec un col moyen mais persistant. Parfum de cassis et de petits fruits noirs: mures, bleuets. Notes de houblon. Saveur de cassis intense, avec d’autres fruits noirs, même de prunes séchées. Goût sucré contre blancé par le goût amer et surette du lambic. J’adore, et pour une rare fois, sinon une première, ma femme l’aime aussi! La bouche est pétillante, ronde et une sensation rapeuse persiste. En arrière-goût, le surette prédomine. C’est sincèrement une des meilleures bières de fruits que j’ai goûté à ce jour!!! Exceptionnelle.

BrianHagmeier (299) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - NOV 6, 2007
My love dinks only this beer so I had to rate it. For a beer drinker this is an amazing leap sideways. Head is minimal, color is garnet? Aroma will nock your socks off with an explosion of berry, dates and banana. Flavor is tangy with some tangy! Okay, its got a very sweet berry and citrus flavor with a nice thick palate. I cant drink the whole thing, but hey, it makes her quiet and calm so its alright by me.

wickedpete (634) - Lexington Park, Maryland, USA - NOV 1, 2007
Dark, deep wine red. Head is fluffy and purple. Smells sour and slightly of berries. Taste is tart and syrupy sweet. Effervescent and light on the tongue. Very pleasant, especially for desert.

tomthompson89 (1982) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 27, 2007
red color huge and i mean huge pink head, some lacing, nice black currant type nose, slightyl sweet. flavor is similar with some good tart flavor, slightly woody

sunevdj (4087) - Copenhagen OE, DENMARK - OCT 17, 2007
Pours a clear dark red with a pink foamy head & lacings. Sweet and sour. Lots of black currants and a hint of vinegar. Medium carbonation. Medium bodied. Nice and refreshing. Berries in the finish with a hint of bacteria. Very good as a aperitif.