overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1168   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Lindemans Cassis is a lambic made from local barley, unmalted wheat, and wild yeast. After spontaneous fermentation the lambic is aged in oak. Black currants are added creating a secondary fermentation and yielding an ale of exceptional flavor and complexity.

Nekronos (4175) - Xalapa, MEXICO - FEB 4, 2006
Very nice, although the alcohol percentage was different. The colour was interesting, very sweet but not tiring. I liked it very much.

RedHaze (371) - Where the hell am I?, Nebraska, USA - JAN 15, 2006
From notes, 01-12-06 Pours a vary dark hazy purple with a thick two finger pink head that slowly recedes to a rocky cap, that leaves behind tons of lacing. Itís kind of strange to see a purple head on my beer. Smell; very sweet with a very strong black currant smell. Thereís also a bit of a sour smeel in the background. Taste; very sweet and fruity to start, followed by a slightly puckering sourness. It was a little hard to pick out at first because of how sweet this beer is, but thereís a bit of a peppery spiciness in the finish, that makes this slightly more enjoyable. Mouthfeel is light to medium bodied. This is so sweet that I had a really hard time finishing it.

JoshuaB (476) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - JAN 15, 2006
Dark purple, slightly red, some reddish head. Nose is berries, tannin, yeast, and more berries. Very syrupy, rather simple, but not bad to drink. Granted I would never buy this stuff, but I wont turn it down either. Begins rather sour, lots of cassis peel, finishes a bit sweet. Not much else to say really, but not a lambic lovers lambic, more like a vaginas kind of lambic.

ATOmemphis (200) - Franklin, Tennessee, USA - JAN 12, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2006 From a bottle - Capped and corked. Poured deep reddish, pink frothy head that slowly dissolved. Smells like Juicy-Juice. Tastes of grape and cranberry are all over the place. Pretty good, though a little tart. I enjoyed other Lindemans a little more.

mabjork (692) - Vasa, FINLAND - JAN 5, 2006
Bottled. Dark read with a rich white head. The aroma consists of blackcurrant and is sweet. The flavour has a sweet taste of blackcurrant and has an aftertaste with a "sting".

MesandSim (7117) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 2, 2006
A Mes rate: 37.5cl bottle from somewhere in Bruges. Smells good, tastes ok, looks awesome. Itís just too sweet really. All blackcurrant syrup. Like Ribena beer.

alaskanwarren (286) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 31, 2005
Reddish purple, with a pinkish lavender head that lingers. Aroma is tart and very fruity. The taste is exactly the same. Very crisp and feels fresh. I really like lambics like this. It just sits right in my mouth and my tummy. This is probably my favorite from Lindemans.

ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - DEC 29, 2005
Not a complex aroma. Mainly just the aroma of what I assume to be currant...Iíve never smelled them before. I must say that I would imagine the actual fruit to smell better as this has a somewhat rotten(?) unpleasantness to it. The flavor mirrors the aroma except that it is more tolerable. Still not good, though. I get a sense of earthiness/woodsiness in there toward the end. Extremely sweet.

DonMagi (5593) - bantervile, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - DEC 28, 2005
This is cold, i freezered it for 45 mins and its probably just about right going by what the kriek was hot, which makes me think the lreik needs re-rating. Aroma is nutty, blackcurrent, a bit raw and not much character. Taste is alot different, sourness blends with the current sweetness, to make a very easy and very flavoursome mix of fruit lambic goodness. This is my first blackcurrent lambic and i wonder why theres not more?

frankenkitty (2012) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - DEC 26, 2005
Pours a hazed, melony-purple with a quick, orchid head that fades fast to halo. Currant dominates aroma within a rather cough-syrupy persona. A sourness strikes me simply, like lemons. Upon tasting, my wife made a humorous yet accurate observation: "Itís so sweet that itís sour." Thatís exactly the impression it conjures... starting with a syrupy, fruity sweetness but moving instantly to a puckery-astringent, fruity tartness. Itís a giddy flavor assault on your tastebuds, like being tickled to the point of pain by a maniacal clown.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Wine & Spirits, Countryside, IL 60525<font size=-1>