overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 2163   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TURDFERGUSON (4055) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - DEC 10, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 18, 2006 tastes like very fresh and very pulpy (dont know if that word can be used here) raspberry juice with a little alkihol added in. yummy for desert but not the best lambic beer youll have

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
joshuah (37) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - DEC 4, 2005
Nice creamy head poured out, very small head, doesnt retain too long. Great raspberry aroma, and a great tart, fruity taste with a nice sour finish. Great lambic.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ratman197 (14070) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - DEC 3, 2005
Bottle poured a hazy ruby with a long lasting creamy pink head. Aromas of Raspberry! Palate was light bodied and tart. Flavors of raspberries with a sweet but tart lingering finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - NOV 28, 2005
Raspberry color with a thin light red head. Quite noticable raspberry aroma and a sweet raspberry taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Numenor (871) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - NOV 27, 2005
Thich rasberry stout with a light pink head. High fruit taste with some carbonation. Dry but not with a bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
GarrettB (1537) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 24, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2007 Beers like Lindemans Framboise tend to make me a bit uneasy, and I think its because Im a traditionalist. When someone says Beer I think of a tough mans drink; a malts or hop or wheat beer that takes a certain kind of masochistic quality to really enjoy. If someone says their beer is fruity, it conjures thoughts of dark fruits like plums, grapes and figs, not bright ones like apples, cherries and bananas. Irksome flavors like those sometimes dont feel like they belong in a beer. The issue agitated me so much that I took it up with my French friend. Somewhat spurred on by the Arrogant Bastard Ale I was drinking I confronted him on the subject of fruity beers and I told him, by all means a fruity beer like a Framboise is technically a beer. That I dont doubt. But whether it is a beer as defined by social and cultural parameters is different. He took a different approach and remonstrated that the tradition of brewing in Belgium was so entrenched that anything that came from a brewery there absolutely had to be a beer. After a half hour of fruitless debate (har har!) I decided it was a stalemate and the only way to come to a conclusion was to sample the stuff myself. Besides, a raspberry flavored beer sounded perfect for a Thanksgiving meal. I braved the holiday rush to run to my favorite beer depository and grab this Lindemans raspberry delight. The blanket of roseate foam on the top is like a cloud from a classic, Christian Renaissance painting, but fades too soon. Underneath lies a drink obscured with particulate matter, glowing with a color like nothing I have ever experienced before. The aroma is a straightforward pairing of raspberries and cherries, and is sweet enough to excite my salivary glands without being so syrupy it reminds me of the local 7-11s Icee stand. The taste is marked by a prominent fizzy mouth feel, and a flanking sweet sensation that runs for the back of your tongue and hits on the flanks. Obviously, raspberries run rampant, but there are other red fruits too, like the same cherries found in the smell, and maybe even a trace of strawberries. Some reviewers complain its too sweet; if anything Id say its a hair too tart. As a child I was bent on finding the rawest, purest form of sugar and eating as much if it as I could until a parent found out or my blood crystallized, so I know a thing or two about a drink being too sweet. No, the only excess here is a bit of tartness, which isnt helped by the overall carbonated bite of the drink. Perfect for a Thanksgiving meal, but I wouldnt mind having a glass of it during a summer evening. Plus, it has the merit of being a beer thats changed my stubborn mind on a subject of fierce controversy. Certainly I will never forsake the fruity Lambics again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - NOV 24, 2005
Poured dark red with a pink head. Aroma is sweet, tart, and rasberry. Flavor is a sweet, citric, tart rasberry almost like candy. Highly candy like. Not a lambic, but a fruit beer. Costs $6 for a small bottle out here. Costs way more than it is worth, but had it for thanksgiving.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bmxutos (161) - Lisboa, PORTUGAL - NOV 20, 2005
Bottle, 25cl. Deep cherry red with a small and mostly diminishing pink head. Aroma is the best part of this beer: raspberries and cherries in a great mixture! Taste is a little sour and sweet. Very, very sweet. In fact, too much sweet for my taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Illini08 (542) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - NOV 20, 2005
Aroma is of very ripe berries. Very, very tart flavor. Also very dry on the palate. This looks and tastes more like something that I should be drinking out of a Juicy-Juice box, not a beer bottle. This is my first lambic though, and its an interesting style.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MoreHead (355) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - NOV 18, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2005 very interesting... more of a wine than a beer, tastes like a mixture of raspberry, grape, and cranberry. fruitopia