overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 2150   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

BitchesBrew (716) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - DEC 29, 2005
Pours a sticky, bright red color. Tastes and smells super sweet. Where’s the alcohol? This is kind of like drinking rapsberry-juice concentrate. I had higher expectations for this one...maybe its better if you mix it with something?

barleybro57 (3) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 27, 2005 does not count
Lambic with enticing color followed by sweet fruity taste. You would almost think you’re drinking a carbonated wine until the great finish. A bit pricey - I would drink more but, I have to send two kids to college one day.

ryan (3185) - Beltsville, Maryland, USA - DEC 10, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2006 Pours dark ruby with a thick, pink head, lasting, nice lacing. The aroma is of a pint of fresh picked raspberries. The flavor is initially sweet raspberries with a big tart finish. Champagne mouthfeel. I really enjoyed drinking this, but it is not a Lambic.

Lubiere (14151) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 10, 2005
Burgundy red lambic with a thin purplish head. Homemade raspberry jelly aroma, nice and fragrant. Very sweet raspberry juice with nice lactic acid points, comming through nicely. Good carbonation. I like this one. May 2005, thanks Capflu.

TURDFERGUSON (4068) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - DEC 10, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 18, 2006 tastes like very fresh and very pulpy (dont know if that word can be used here) raspberry juice with a little alkihol added in. yummy for desert but not the best lambic beer you’ll have

joshuah (37) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - DEC 4, 2005
Nice creamy head poured out, very small head, doesn’t retain too long. Great raspberry aroma, and a great tart, fruity taste with a nice sour finish. Great lambic.

Ratman197 (15368) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - DEC 3, 2005
Bottle poured a hazy ruby with a long lasting creamy pink head. Aromas of Raspberry! Palate was light bodied and tart. Flavors of raspberries with a sweet but tart lingering finish.

maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - NOV 28, 2005
Raspberry color with a thin light red head. Quite noticable raspberry aroma and a sweet raspberry taste.

Numenor (871) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - NOV 27, 2005
Thich rasberry stout with a light pink head. High fruit taste with some carbonation. Dry but not with a bitter aftertaste.

GarrettB (1658) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 24, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2007 Beers like Lindeman’s Framboise tend to make me a bit uneasy, and I think it’s because I’m a traditionalist. When someone says “Beer” I think of a tough man’s drink; a malts or hop or wheat beer that takes a certain kind of masochistic quality to really enjoy. If someone says their beer is fruity, it conjures thoughts of dark fruits like plums, grapes and figs, not bright ones like apples, cherries and bananas. Irksome flavors like those sometimes don’t feel like they belong in a beer. The issue agitated me so much that I took it up with my French friend. Somewhat spurred on by the Arrogant Bastard Ale I was drinking I confronted him on the subject of fruity beers and I told him, by all means a fruity beer like a Framboise is technically a beer. That I don’t doubt. But whether it is a beer as defined by social and cultural parameters is different. He took a different approach and remonstrated that the tradition of brewing in Belgium was so entrenched that anything that came from a brewery there absolutely had to be a beer. After a half hour of fruitless debate (har har!) I decided it was a stalemate and the only way to come to a conclusion was to sample the stuff myself. Besides, a raspberry flavored beer sounded perfect for a Thanksgiving meal. I braved the holiday rush to run to my favorite beer depository and grab this Lindeman’s raspberry delight. The blanket of roseate foam on the top is like a cloud from a classic, Christian Renaissance painting, but fades too soon. Underneath lies a drink obscured with particulate matter, glowing with a color like nothing I have ever experienced before. The aroma is a straightforward pairing of raspberries and cherries, and is sweet enough to excite my salivary glands without being so syrupy it reminds me of the local 7-11’s Icee stand. The taste is marked by a prominent fizzy mouth feel, and a flanking sweet sensation that runs for the back of your tongue and hits on the flanks. Obviously, raspberries run rampant, but there are other red fruits too, like the same cherries found in the smell, and maybe even a trace of strawberries. Some reviewers complain it’s too sweet; if anything I’d say it’s a hair too tart. As a child I was bent on finding the rawest, purest form of sugar and eating as much if it as I could until a parent found out or my blood crystallized, so I know a thing or two about a drink being too sweet. No, the only excess here is a bit of tartness, which isn’t helped by the overall carbonated bite of the drink. Perfect for a Thanksgiving meal, but I wouldn’t mind having a glass of it during a summer evening. Plus, it has the merit of being a beer that’s changed my stubborn mind on a subject of fierce controversy. Certainly I will never forsake the fruity Lambics again.