overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 2149   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

barleyPops (1183) - Quad-Cities, Illinois, USA - OCT 29, 2005
my very first lambis, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. aroma is all raspberries! flavor is like raspberry soda that starts out sweet and finishes somewhat sour & dry. not bad, just not my first choice in a style of beer.

adrian910ss (2594) - Doylestown, PA, USA - OCT 26, 2005
Feels like Im rating a juice or a soda. Pours a pinkish ruby red color with a creamy pink head. Aroma is dominated by fresh raspberries and sweet freuity syrup. Taste is all raspberry and carbonation. Feels like drinking a raspberry tart soda. Very different, but not bad.

newtrip (54) - USA - OCT 23, 2005
What is there to say that hasn’t already been said? This is a very interesting beer. Very tasty beer, but a little too tart for my liking. I’m with Cappadonna, who said "I would have preferred more beer taste and less berry." I do recommend that everyone try this brew at least once, if not more.

Cappadonna (110) - Delray Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 21, 2005
This was my first experience with this style of beer, so I surprised to see the purple color. The aroma is overwhelmly that of the raspberries that are added to the oak-aged beer. This tasted like a raspberry soda with a little beer in it...I would have preferred more beer taste and less berry. I’m not quite sure what to make of it.

badnewsbeers (2312) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - OCT 20, 2005
wonderful cherry red appearance with small pink head...aroma is full of tart raspberries...flavor is wonderfully rich in raspberry....great palate...not what i would call a true lambic, but very tasty nonetheless

HenrikSoegaard (14582) - Randers, DENMARK - OCT 16, 2005
Bottle. Creamy mostly alstin head. Fantatic powerfull aroma of raspberry. Long finish og rasberry aswell. OK palate. A little bit artificial but I dont care I love raspberry.

SB (334) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 14, 2005
UPDATED: APR 3, 2006 On [email protected] Edge, Pgh, PA.

Full red body, nice pink head that. Aroma of raspberry. Flavor of raspberry with a sourish finish that is nice and smooth going down.

smithlrs2003 (11) - washington, Washington DC, USA - OCT 10, 2005
Bottle. extremely fizzy, good pop from the unccorking. Nice red color. Very nice as an after-dinner beer in place of sweets. Very sweet, slight bitterness/dryness on the back end.

larsga (7656) - Oslo, NORWAY - SEP 30, 2005
Thin pink coarse-laced head; ruby-red opaque body. Powerful aroma of, well, raspberry; sourish, kind of like a raspberry sauce. Taste is all raspberry, big and round, somewhat stale, growing sharpish towards the end. May sound boring (or like I’m very unimaginative :), but it’s actually very nice. Not in the least artificial-tasting, and not so sour you can’t enjoy it.

jzzbassman (1638) - Arlington, Texas, USA - SEP 27, 2005
Back to back with the Cassis, this one smelled great but really was too sweet on the tongue and lacked the oak. Good intro to women who swear they hate beer; it’s a big step up from alcopops.