Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 2166   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

HansJM (358) - NORWAY - DEC 4, 2001
I felt that this one was a bit syntetic, but it was not at all bad..........

fraternie (1034) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 17, 2001
Very complex and well-brewed, and as good as this style can get...alhough I am not sure exactly how good that is. Strong raspberry flavor followed by sweet/sour aftertaste. Drinkable but a bit too sweet for my taste, and $6 a bottle for 2.5% abv is asking a bit much.

VA Homebrewer (524) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - NOV 9, 2001
Undertones of raspberry? More like 'intense overtones'. I really tried very hard to discern some other flavors, but the raspberry overwhelmed just about everything. I did note some musty sourness and some bitterness in the aftertaste. I'm convinced the bitterness is a byproduct of the raspberries as well. Aside from a beautiful color and a large, rocky head I was not impressed. Raspberry soda is right.

DubbelO7 (42) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 5, 2001
Wow ... so fruity but not sickeningly sweet . Expensive at a bar . Great aperitif drink . Great as an aphrodesiac !!! Silky smooth in the mouth . I find myself savoring it for minutes before I swallow it... The kind of beer you want to bathe in ...

40oz (181) - Newport Beach, California, USA - OCT 16, 2001
Wonderful fruit flavor and aroma, the sweetness of the fruit is well balanced by the crispness of the yeasty lambic flavor. While similar in form and function to dessert wines, it is not nearly as painfully sweet or oily as some dessert wines can be.

radek6999 (12) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 10, 2001
You sick people!! When you were ranking this beer weren't under strong influence? It is so fruity, it makes your stomach to twist. If you want to try it, go for it but you will be sorry. Imagine a bitter rasberry tonic on crack. Not incredibly descriptive, I know, but you get the point. Stick with Raz Stoli and tonic.

johnson2020 (79) - Canton, Michigan, USA - SEP 16, 2001
Beautiful burgundy color. Looks more like a wine than a beer. I really enjoyed this beer. Sharp raspberry taste, but I wish the beer flavor was a bit more up front.

FlemishChar (224) - Virginia, USA - SEP 9, 2001
Great dark purplish red color and MASSIVE, rocky head. Great raspberry aroma and flavor. They put a lot of raspberry in here, there's not a lot of the original lambic flavour left. Nonetheless, I'm a sucker for raspberries, so that's a plus! I love this beer.. I could guzzle a whole keg of this...

AngieBlatt99 (8) - Hamburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 8, 2001 does not count
Absolutely my fave beer! Wonderful raspberry aroma and smoothe taste as well.

fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - SEP 2, 2001
Rich raspberry smell and flavor. Tasted very sweet like liquid Jello, but yet mellow like a raspberry soda (ie. Clearly Canadian, and the like.) Very deep red to purple color.