overall
Brewed by Little Creatures Brewing (Lion Co.)
Style: American Pale Ale
Fremantle, Australia

RATINGS: 693   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
We love our Pale Ale. Many of us from the brewery have made pilgrimages around the world in search of great varieties of this wonderful style. Surprisingly, there are no great secrets to brewing this type of ale but there are most definitely no great shortcuts. Bag loads of Cascade and Galaxy whole hop flowers that we source direct from hop growers in Victoria, Tassie and the US are thrown at this beer, creating an intense citrus and grapefruit aroma and flavour that we balance with a careful selection of specialty malts and a local pale malt made to our own specifications. Preservative and additive free our Pale Ale is live-yeast conditioned in bottles and kegs for unmatched freshness and character. From brewing to release, a batch of pale ale takes about six weeks, allowing for two weeks conditioning in the bottle after packaging. No artificial additives are included, just great ingredients. Pour it into a glass to enjoy it at its best! The beer’s character is driven by the use of fresh whole hop flowers. Hop Flowers are carefuly selected that are bursting with aroma and contain all the essential oils and acids that deliver an uniqe flavour experience. Drink a few pints of this beer and you’ll soon become one of us…a certified "hophead" craving those crisp citrus flavours of grapefruit and passionfruit and maybe a bit of honey, all backed up with a good balance of bitterness. If you’re wondering what on earth malt or hops actually are then click on the two hop characters to the left and find out more. It’s not just the hops that make Little Creatures Pale Ale what it is though. Selected malts are kilned in small batches to our specifications and are used exlusively in our pale ale. Two different yeasts are used to both ferment and bottle condition the beer. The latest technology and equipment is used to maintain absolute quality control and one of the main ingredients in the pale ale has got to be the amount of passion that it takes to produce a seriously good beer...we live for it! From brewing to release, a batch of pale ale takes about six weeks, allowing for two weeks conditioning in the bottle after packaging. No artificial preservatives or additives are included, just great ingredients.

MCARIDI (1) - Fremantle, AUSTRALIA - APR 28, 2003 does not count
That citrus-bitter flavor that only little creatures has... mmmm, this one is my favorite by a mile.

jbj42 (8) - AUSTRALIA - JUL 16, 2004 does not count
ALL BOW TO THE ALMIGHTY!! the single best commercial beer available!!! oh the fruityness! this is incredible! dont be put off by the price, shit shes worth more than that!! dear lord! the fruit! YOU NEED THIS!!! NOW!!!! PUT EVERYTHING DOWN AND NIP DOWN THE BOTTELO!!!!! GO!!!!!!!!

thesimmos (13) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - MAY 1, 2008
The first thing I think of ever time I drink this beer is lychee’s. It has a very nice flavour from a very creative company. I rate these guys higher than the malt shovel whose beers tend to taste like cordial mixes. I wish this beer was cheaper!

kmech7 (1) - USA - MAY 31, 2008 does not count
I fell in love with this pale ale when i was in austrailia 3 years ago. it is a great taste and not a lot of BS.....

maddogmyers (3) - USA - MAR 1, 2010 does not count
Excellent beer, had a pint on tap, crisp clean taste with a hint of fruit, very similar to James Squires only BETTER! money well spent!

beerequalizer (22) - NEW ZEALAND - APR 1, 2010
This beer doesn’t really need much in the way of equalizing. A top quality drop, with fantastic hop presence. The sort of beer I could drink 6 of very easily. Love it.

northroo1 (2) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 25, 2017 does not count
My favorite go to beer. No bitter after taste. Go down smooth love the fruity floral flavors.

thebaron99 (110) - Royston Park SA, AUSTRALIA - NOV 4, 2001
Delicious citrus aroma stinks magnificently through the thick pillowy head. Strong bitter hops punch the top of your tongue with grapefruit/ passionfruit. Golden honey in the finish. Lovely package of flavours and craft. Angels create this beer for themselves. I am not worthy.

drab1ne (9) - Adelaide, AUSTRALIA - JUL 16, 2010 does not count
Fruity, Zesty enough alcohol to make it worthwhile and even though being a South Australian I should lean to the old Coopers Green Label I will say right now this is the best Pale Ale made in Australia. Floating Bits, a Citrussy Taste and a genuine refreshing beverage that is hard to fault whatsoever. Buy the 568ml pint bottle if you can get it.

peteraway01 (11) - - DEC 27, 2012
I love this brewery, they have such fresh and lively beers. Crisp, fruity and floor less aroma. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone