overall
RATINGS: 111   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
The clean, dry lagers of Vienna provide inspiration for our Big Bark Amber Lager. European malted barley lends it a soft body with a depth of malty richness and aroma. Small additions of noble hops gently balance characteristics of the malt. Cold fermentation and conditioning assure a beer with a clean finish, showcasing the interplay of the malt and hops. A beer of fine malt character and subtle hop nuance, it is accessible, smooth, and satisfying.

Nuffield (4199) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - MAR 15, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 17, 2006 Amber color, rich head. Low aroma, even given that I had this at a bar--it was much more difficult to get something from it than other beers I had this evening. Slightly malty caramel, twinge of English bitter, metallic though not in excess (but still present), extremely quick finish bare fruitiness. Somewhat oily, tingling carbonation. Not a beer I would return to, but then you rarely expect to with an "amber". (on tap, Flying Saucer, Addison, TX)

DJMonarch (9179) - Northwich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - MAR 15, 2006
Barrel Draught from the jug at the GABF, Colorado Convention Center 01/10/2005 Golden coloured and hoppy with some alcohol present. Crisp malt finish.

jzzbassman (1638) - Arlington, Texas, USA - FEB 26, 2006
This was a pleasant brew, without anything extreme but fresh and well made. A good alternative to macros at most establishments I found myself at in Austin.

Likerighteous (120) - Pflugerville, Texas, USA - FEB 9, 2006
A simple session type of "mass appeal" that left me with nothing but want. Want for maltier richness, want for a lasting head, want for something in my next mug.

peter (445) - Normal, Illinois, USA - FEB 2, 2006
Strolling through the orchard. rain falls. i catch the drops on my tongue. drip drop of water i cry, as I no longer taste.

BeerRules (243) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 5, 2005
Nice amber color and an off white head. Aroma is pretty subdued, but its kinda citrucy. A bit sweet and candyish with some toasted malt and some herbalness. Mouthfeel is smooth and easily drinkable. Not bad at all.

Crash (549) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - OCT 3, 2005
GABF 2005: Amber color with small head. Aroma was strange but, I didn’t really nail anything down. The taste was OK. This was just an OK beer.

richlikebeer (839) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 25, 2005
cloudy orange color with a very thin head giving off aromas of apple and grass, tailed off with bits of caramel. flavor was sweet and apple filled, almost like a cider, but with a nice caramel back and a bit of grassy hops. very smooth and sweet. a perfect session beer, i could have drank this all day.

dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 9, 2005
Light amber in color with a small white head. Fruity aroma with mild hops. Wierd flavor os raspberries in my beer, maybe it was just me. Finishesd ry.

HumuloneRed (765) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 18, 2005
Clear amber in color with a great head and lacing. Good malty grain nose with a hint earth. Nice malt profile with a earthy hop bite. Good beer.