overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 360   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Has a cloudy, straw-colored appearance with a thick, creamy head.

julrey (32) - Austin, Texas, USA - DEC 9, 2005
Hopefully as Live Oak expands distribution they’ll continue to spend as much time lovingly crafting this divine product. If it weren’t for the limited distribution around the Texas hill country I fully expect this would be touted as one of the best hefes in the country, if not the world. I’ve even had a pint off of a keg that had been shaken up, so it looked like I was about to drink a straight yeast culture, and even then this beer still walked all over the competition. It pours a beautiful golden straw hue, nice head. The perfect balance of citrus aromas greets the nose and the palate on first swallow, followed by a bit of spice with a hint of wheat. This is easily the most drinkable hefe I’ve ever had the pleasure to consume, even if there are bolder, more experimental hefes out there to compete in the knock-your-socks-off arena. This one is definitely a summer mainstay here in Austin. As others have stated, I hate to give this one a perfect five but it’s only fair since I can’t for the life of me figure out how this beer could be improved.

stoutgoddess (1) - USA - NOV 6, 2007 does not count
STOUTWIZARD IS JUST JEALOUS BC HE DOESNT TASTE LIKE ROTTEN FRUIT OR SCROTUM! this is my fav beer of all time! must try when in texas!

drabmuh (194) - Maryland, USA - MAR 31, 2011
A long time target short list want provided with great speed by a wonderful stand-up BA that I will just randomly send beer to from now on. Poured from a growler into a wheat beer glass. I was nervous about the growler but when I cranked the top I heard the tell tale "HISS" of carbon escaping and a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Beer is dark yellow and completely opaque, huge haze to it. It forms an aggressive and full head of small to medium bubbles that leaves a lot of lacing on the glass. Carbonation is steady and moderate. This beer looks beautiful. The aroma is in your face with this beer. Its not quite like a wheat wine but it pushes that boundary for sure. Strong banana and cloves. Completely fills my face with this aroma. I could smell it from a couple of feet away. It is SO good. Wonderful flavor as well. First, this is the most drinkable beer I’ve ever had. Greater than 5 IMO. Medium body, slightly more body than I was expecting, but its still wonderful. Some good sweetness up front and a lot of good flavor in the back with a nice wheaty feeling to it. Great ester characters throughout the palate and beer. Gets better the more you drink. Just spectacular. The carbonation give the beer a slight sourness that helps connectivitiy. This is seriously one of the best BEERS I have ever had. This is seriously one of my favorite beers. I should look into getting a keg of this because I would make it my daily drinker. Its a cruel set of circumstances that I am in DC and this beer is in Austin. I have an outstanding ISO Live Oak Hefeweizen out from now on. Serving type: growler

locapour (6) - Austin, USA - AUG 3, 2013 does not count
I featured this beer on an episode of Locapour: http://locapour.tv/austin/liveoakhefeweizen The beer has an almost mystical quality about it. The color is fantastic and the taste is one of the most powerful clove and banana combos you’ll ever experience. There’s a reason it is consistently rated as one of the best beers brewed in Texas.

jcreemer (2) - Sherwood, Arkansas, USA - APR 17, 2015 does not count
This is the best Hefeweizen I’ve ever found. I wish that it was available in a larger area.

HonusWagner (2248) - Florida, USA - AUG 24, 2016
It’s perfect and I can’t really say anything about it besides "please feed me this beer through a tube when I’m on my deathbed hopefully many years from now".