overall
Brewed by Locher Appenzeller Bier
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Appenzell, Switzerland

RATINGS: 86   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Mit Hanfblättern und Hanfblüten aus der Schweiz gewürzt (natürlich ohne THC), entsteht zusammen mit Wienermalz und Stammheimer Hopfen ein Bier mit intensivem Hanfaroma. Biertyp: Bierspezialität Alkoholgehalt: 5,2% Farbe: hellegelb, naturtrüb Hopfen: milde Hopfenbittere Eindruck: frisches Hanfaroma, leicht süsslich, spritzig Optimale Trinktemperatur: 6-8°C Etikette: Bea Kunz, Appenzell Seit: 1997

dornoy's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
dornoy (701) - Copenhagen, - APR 8, 2013
Poor Appenzellers! I wonder how they could call this beer! It tastes a little like soap in fact!

Grzesiek79 (4366) - Radom, POLAND - APR 14, 2017
Many thanks for this hemp beer to CH-303. 330ml bottle. Pianka srednia, ale szybko opada, aromat fajny cytrusowy, ziolowy. Smak kwaskowo-slodowy z cytryna w tle i typowym smakiem konopii. Fajne, smaczne, choc malo intensywne i wtraziste, ale i tak ciekawe.

NordicV (2425) - Malmö, Sweden, SWEDEN - DEC 27, 2016
Beslöjad gyllengul öl med ett lättare vit skum. Doften är gräsig och örtig. I smaken tillkommer viss maltighet och beska från hampan.

lupuLust (324) - Franke(n) im Breisgau, GERMANY - SEP 26, 2016
UPDATED: SEP 27, 2016 24.09.2016 Basel - Golden yellow pour with medium unstable head. Breath of growing hemp and Lagerbier. Smooth and slightly hoppy also with a note of hemp. Interesting but way too sweet bubblegum taste.

Bosbouw (2955) - Gemonde, NETHERLANDS - SEP 6, 2016
Troebele citroengele kleur met een volle fijne kraag. Ruikt zoetig kruiden, gras, de hanfblute ruik ik denk ik ook goed. Smaakt bijzonder kruiden, wederom de hanfblute. Weinig koolzuur.

vipinvelp (4505) - Velp, NETHERLANDS - SEP 3, 2016
Clear yellow. Nice aroma and taste, judging from drinking out of bottle which makes it hard. (Rigi 201609)

1.1
lukka (3) - - APR 17, 2016 does not count
Too strong taste of hemp. Taste similar to bay leaves. I didn't like it at all.

gopherfan99 (1996) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 29, 2016
Bottle (Zeughauskeller, Zurich) pours cloudy gold with a white head; strong herbal aroma dominates all other scents; taste is also very herbal with some faint malt and spice notes; herbal finish; the overpowering herbal aroma and taste are a bit of a turn off for me on this one

kto (1409) - SWITZERLAND - JAN 17, 2016
UPDATED: JUN 2, 2016 0.33l bottle from a coop in basel, 1.80 fr.
pours a cloudy honey yellow with a steady white head and a nice lacing. strong aroma of hemp, herbs, orange flowers, candy. flavour of herbs, black pepper, grains. sweetish, fizzy carbonation. refreshing.

flying_pig (1601) - SCOTLAND - NOV 23, 2015
500ml Bottle from Drinks of the World, Basel (4 CHF):
Strange but interesting, I was expecting a pale lager going in but instead got tonnes of spice, herbs & particularlly strong hemp flavours. Unusual & surprising with it growing on me the more I drank, it was unlike anything else I’ve drank but I’m unlikely to pick it up again.

AlfredoGarcia (288) - Santiago, CHILE - OCT 11, 2015
330 ml bottle (even if I’m pretty sure that my bottle had less than that). Bought it in a Coop in Lausanne. Comment below me can’t say it any better: smell like herbal and pharmacies, is it good? I guess... at least is different. Color is a deep golden with low white head. Taste is also different, very herbal, guess it’s not bad, but it just taste like something that is good for my health, and when I’m drinking a beer I definitely don’t want that. Is not that easy to drink, even that being so peacefull has it is. Not my cup of thee, but I really could understand someone that deeply hate it or love it. Was great has a different experience.