RATINGS: 962   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Lost Abbey’s once a year Anniversary beer. A new generation of Dark Farmhouse Belgian-Style Beer that had Brettanomyces (a special Belgian brewer’s yeast) added at bottling. (from newsletter) (from bottle: Ale Brewed with Raisins) 10 commandments: 1. The most imaginative beers are our crusade. 2. We believe we are all in this together. 3. We strive for honesty and integrity in our lives like you. 4. Fresh beer is great, aged beer is better. 5.Now that you have found us, help us spread the message. 6. There is good and evil in the world, our beers are good. 7. Passion isn’t something you can buy at the corner store. 8. We believe an inspired life is worth living. 9. Life is about choices. The Lost Abbey is a great choice. 10. We are not perfect but no one is.

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - JUL 1, 2007
This brew is amazing! Pours like malted leather juice w/ it’s hazed, dark amber brown colors. Froth is medium sized w/ spattering and recedes slowly. Residual lacing consists of a full fluffy ring. Aromas of sweet malted dark fruits and cocoa. Full nectar w/ soft and fluffy creamy residual effers. It’s like the effers overcome the liquid and turn to fluffy cream. Nice! Big spicey malts w/ a dash of bakers cocoa. Mildy sweet w/ nuaces of pine, bitters, roasted coffee bean, black cherry, raisons, leather, steak. This brew has a mild roast component and delivers a peachpit style bittering that sets in mid palate and sticks. The finish is long on flavor w/ a mild sweetness and bittered perfectly. During the session I was reminded of a texture that took me a while to place. A texture so amazing and that isn’t readily produced in but only one other brew that I have had. That brew is the Westy 12. It took me two thirds of the bottle to finally remember where I had last felt that. The best thing about the W12 is it’s texture, full on cream. Perfect! 10 Commandents has that texture. Good job guys. Connoisseurs choice! Highly recommended.

segfault (103) - Centennial, Colorado, USA - OCT 5, 2009
Pour is like a belgian Dark Strong, beautiful and deep brown with tan lace. Aroma is definitely Belgian with bretta sour notes. A full palate sparkles darkly on the tongue. The flavor... malt, current, tart, caramel, leather, earth. WOW! This beer is amazing. My first ever 5.0.

IPagan5 (106) - San Marcos, California, USA - FEB 12, 2015
Probably best brewery in US and by my house! This one is unreal with tons of fruity esters and funk from Brett. Vicious vinious olumbrasinbcharacter. Great carbonation light and perfect carbonation. Finishes malty and balanced mouthfeel world class, or universe class.

Broncowaldon (129) - Oceanside, California, USA - MAR 18, 2015
Perfect ten for Ten Commandments. All kinds of delicious aromas perking through, from funk to cinnamon to lemon peal to Belgian candy sugar. Flavor is equally as complex. To much to list ,you will not be disappointed in this purchase.