overall
RATINGS: 435   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
You’ve made it to 547 Haight Street. This destination is more San Francisco than Rice A Roni, Chinatown, and Lombard Street combined. Welcome to Broadway for brewers everywhere. Everyone who is anyone has poured their kegs here. For the last 20 years, this place has launched careers, confirmed legacies, and since 1987 the only name you need to know is David Keene. Take a seat. Tip Strong. Nod appreciatively and don’t ask stupid questions. Welcome to Big Daddy’s House known to most simply as "The T-Room." Here the bartenders are fluent in English, German, Flemish, French, Waloon and Czech. But they’re most known for their American Lip Service. Watch it. The lady with the jet black hair behind the bar eats idiots for lunch. At 547 Haight Street, you won’t find any Cable Cars except for this one. But if you’re standing outside the Dutch Doors of the World Famous Toranado, you surely found the most interesting place in all San Francisco. Its’ about RESPECT. Dave you continue to have ours. Here’s to 20 more years of punishing livers everywhere. Cheers Gina, Jim, Tomme, Vince and the Brewers of Port Brewing

gunhaver (1030) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 5, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 11, 2010 ~RBSG ’08~

Big tasting at Lost Abbey. Pours a light golden caramel pour, with small head and virtually no lacing. Very sour nose, apple pie, oats and hay. Delightful. Dry, sour flavors. Huge toasted malt finish. Hops are subdued but balance it out well. Just very tasty. Very smooth and dry, crisp. Hope to see this again.

Dough77 (822) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAY 13, 2013
Damned near perfect. So sour, and purposefully so I realize, but overwhelmingly at times. Otherwise, pure magic in a bottle. Very thankful to the bartender who went out of his way to try and hook me up with this bottle which for awhile didn’t seem like it was going to happen. Funk, apples, lemon, sourness all in the nose. Apples seemed to take over in the flavor department. So good.

BrewProfessor10 (11) - - DEC 7, 2016
Yup. Had it twice, both on-tap @ Toronado SD. Mind’s been blown twice. Coincidence?

RCL (2032) - Waltham, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 27, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 16, 2009 Bottle of the ’08. I have finally bestowed a 5: this beer is epic. It’s like the beer version of Krug champagne. Oak and cherry wood swirl with funk and sour aromas and flavors. Astoundingly complex, yet I feel like I could tackle an entire bottle by myself with its superior drinkability. Addendum: And with the ’09 I have retracted it. This years seems to have gotten a wee bit too much oak for my tastes, as the vanilla takes it over a bit, but it is still absolutely world class.

HighWine (991) - Whalezbro, Illinois, USA - OCT 1, 2008
This is an amazing beer. I am not a big sour ale guy but this one looked so good at Toronado’s 20th Anniversary Celebration that I took a chance. Remarkable. I still kick myself for not buying several bottles to take home.