overall
RATINGS: 477   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
AKA Belle Proximus, a collaborative effort between Tomme Arthur, Vinnie Cilurzo, Lorenzo Dabove, Rob Tod, Adam Avery and Sam Calagione.

In March of 2006 five guys-Adam Avery, Vinnie Cilurzo, Rob Todd, Tomme Arthur accompanied Sam Calagione and Lorenzo Dabove The Prince of Pajottenland through a tour a tour of Belgium’s finiest Gueze producers. Many of the mysteries of Lambic production were answered along the way. They vowed to return to the states to brew a sour beer celebrating their experiences. In November of 2006 the reunited at Port Brewing to brew Isabelle Proximus.

In this bottle, you’ll find the answers to many of the questions that were first posed along their journey near the river Senne. However, like the mysteries of lambic beers, there remains one lingering question that was left unresolved. we hope like us, the next time you’re on a pilgrimage to Brussels you’ll drop by the Empire Club and let us know whether you prefer Green or Orange....

GandGKevin (934) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - MAY 21, 2009
WOW!!!! Bottle generously donated by Kelly! Absolutly one of the best brett beers I’ve ever tasted. Very well balanced. A lemon zesty sour ale with a hint of barnyard. LOVED IT!!!!!

missjernigan (1) - USA - APR 4, 2010 does not count
If I had to drink only one beer for the rest of my life it would be this beer

rye726 (21) - Colorado, USA - APR 29, 2010
Pours a hazy golden color with a silky off-white head. The nose starts off with tart tropical and citrus fruits and is followed by a good amount musky oak, baryard funk, white wine and aged French Cheese. Also in the mix are sweet candy malts, manure and spicy Belgian yeasts. There are lots of fresh, sour fruit flavors up front along with chardonnay , olde cheese and lots of funky yeast. Superbly complex, perfect balance. The crisp, yet full body has a delicate yet refreshing carbonated. Nice dry finish. Fantastic stuff, from everyone involved. One the best sours in the world right now. Should age quite well.

dosbeerigos (24) - Florida, USA - JUN 5, 2010
Thanks to DarkGuardian for sharing this. Well to the beer, remember the saying “Too Many Cooks In the Kitchen Ruin the Stew”. Well its a damn good thing that this list of five super-brewers were not making stew. They instead collaborated on a beer that poured Golden in color and was a little cloudy. I am not going to lie I didnt even give it a proper smell before I dug right into the beer. When it touched my lips I was shocked. I honestly thought that this beer was going to be average and a HUGE product of “Beer Hype”. Boy was I wrong. This was a sexy beer from every angle and the flavor was straight heavenly. It was strong lemon and citrus flavors, very similar to other “Sour” beers. A good amount of acidity. Hints of hibiscus/sweet flower flavors. That barnyard funk / farmhouse was present.

patrickfannon (1242) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 13, 2010
Bottle. 24.5 oz. This bottle litterally arrived at my doorstep this morning, and, after over a year in search of this elusive brew, my bros and I decided we had to slay it. Split this epic sea monster sour with Sean, James, and Vinny. Cork pops slow and soft, with gentle hiss of mist out of the top of the bottle. Immediate cedar scents float into the air, and upon pouring, the cedar blossoms with sour peach and apricot fruits, with hints of vanilla, oak, lemon zest, white grapes, grapefruit, white peaches, sharp funky cheese, barnyard, and soft notes of dry hops and fresh hay. Medium, slight, woody bodied with a stringently tight, tart, slick, ultimately sour palate. Finsihes with a dry, soft, airily smooth swallow, This is, undoubtedly, a beer geniunely worhty of its lofty reputation. Isabelle Proximus is definitely worth the effort of the hunt.Seek her out, and she shall not let ye down.

thebitterendaz (35) - Alabama, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Poured into north coast brewing snifter and shared with my wife stephanie and ratebeer legend daknole. An American wild ale that could pass for true Belgian gueuze - it has the Belgian Barnyard nose usually lacking in most American sours. Nice refreshing sour flavor that lingers well. An absolute treat to drink.