RATINGS: 916   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
A life worth living is full of discovery and we are reminded everywhere there is opportunity. All it takes is desire to seek out and find these things, these moments and everything in between. We brewed Lost and Found Abbey Ale to pay homage to the great monastic breweries of Belgium. Like us, we hope you’ll take the time to discover a beer that breathes aromas of figs, raisins and candied fruits. Please join us by raising your glass as we offer a toast to patience, perseverance, and all the things we have lost along the way and were somehow lucky enough to find once again.

luttonm (6763) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 5, 2017
Bottle in Seattle. Modest, off-white head on a mostly clear yellow-amber brown. Dark caramel and raisins on nose, leading to a moderately sweet and lightly dark fruit-tart body. Descends to nice bitter dubbel profile malts. Fruit pits, bitter fruit skin. Finishes on a lighter note, dry and relatively crisp. Lacking some of the richness - and even some of the sweetness, if I’m honest - that I would expect in a dubbel. Solid.

ABS (1110) - Stokke, NORWAY - NOV 4, 2017
Bottle at Rickfifty's. Pours red to copper. Sugar, malt, caramel, malt. Bitter, some sweetness. Medium body. Medium carbonation. Could be more interesting.

Bill Becker (1807) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 31, 2017
From Dec 2007 This pours from caged and corked 750ml bottle a clear deep amber/brown with a thick off white head of foam with lots of sticky lacing. The smell is very fruity...lots of lemon and other citrus smells hit my nose. I also get some caramel malt, yeast, and some spice.(clove) The taste has caramel malt, yeast, chocolate, raisin, plum, toffee, fig..err...very complex. It also has a slight earthiness to it. The mouthfeel is medium and it's medium to lightly carbonated. It finishes witha mix of chocolate and yeasty tones. I like it. Oh, and there's a bit of clove that I'm picking up now along with a touch of banana. The alcohol is fairly noticeable as a slight warming during and after the swallow. It's a *nice* sipper and one that I wouldn't mind seeking out again.Good stuff! Edit: With the last pour, the appearance immediately became cloudy due to the sediment and that always means, for me, a better score in appearance for the style. Also, all of the flavours seem to have intensified bringing much more goodness to my palate. Why is it that the bottom third of a bottle of a Belgian or Belgian style ale always is the best part of the bottle??? Anywho, I've adjusted my rating accordingly.

flatmatt (1608) - Northville, Michigan, USA - OCT 8, 2017
750 mL bottle. Pours a lightly hazy amber with an off-white head. Raisiny earthy aroma with some yeastiness. Flavor is again raisin, earthy, nutty. Molasses and a touch of anise. Quite nice.

nihtila (3913) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - SEP 28, 2017
On tap at the brewery. Dark rwddish brown. Nose is raisins, candied sugar, dried fruits. Tastes sugar sweet, dried fruits, ripe banana. Unfortunately not as good as nose, slightly one-dimensional.

Learninbeer (639) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - SEP 27, 2017
The aroma is Belgium - banana/bubblegum, some raisin. Pours a golden copper/brown with creamy light tan head mostly diminishing and very good lacing. The taste is light/medium bitter-sweet. The body is medium/light, the texture a little thin, the carbonation lively and the finish short.

RLiddell (142) - Valrico, Florida, USA - SEP 10, 2017
Bottle picked up in Chicago. Pours a dark bronze with a small, sticky head. Taste is caramel and dark fruit, dates and raisins. Love Belgium dubbels and this is a good one.