RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

Most RecentTicked By

wetherel (1882) - Cupertino, California, USA - JAN 10, 2009
UPDATED: JAN 16, 2009 On tap at brewery. $8/pint yikes! (just received an BM from LA saying it was only $3/pint, and I was accidentally overcharged). Dark brown. Small tan foam around the edge of the glass. Tons and tons of burnt roasty grains. I’m not a fan of roastiness, and this isn’t helping. Dryish (although I prefer sweet, I’m starting to enjoy the drinkability of dry). I would guess a lower pH, but not helping. Not my favorite. Tastes young. Throw some sour yeast into this, and it hopefully turn into something sour and good, but it’s an uphill battle. I generously give it a 3, because I love most of Lost Abbey’s beers.

dalekliz (922) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 10, 2009
On tap at the brewery. Pours a dark brown/black with an off-white ring. Rich sharp aroma, of burnt malt, chocolate, and dark fruits. Taste is sharp, of burnt malt, chocolate, and coffee. Lingering big sharpness. Big and tasty.

nightrider (754) - encinitas, California, USA - JAN 10, 2009
The Monkey Pint was sampled at the brewery on friday night as a perfect way to end the week and meet and welcome Mike and his wife to North County San Diego. Dark brown hues with a small tan head. Smells of roasty malt and some coffee.Medium bodied brew. Good chocolate, sweet, and lightly carbonated. Nice finish and very easy to quaff. Good beer. Nice meeting ya Mike and look forward to many more Friday nights swapping snowboard stories!

WeeHeavySD (3387) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 9, 2009
UPDATED: JAN 10, 2009 1st rating, tap on the night of the the welcoming monkey night, a blend of dawn patrol dark and midnight session, or moonlit session. Pours brownish black with a tan ring. Nose is sweet malty with a big coffee punch. Taste is rich, malty, pretty tasty, smokey, peaty and coffee, nice brew. Welcome to Lost Abbey Mike!