overall
RATINGS: 116   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.17/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Veritas-From the Latin meaning TRUTH. An original set of blended ales created in small batches by our brewers. We chose the word Veritas as in, the "Truth" be told, we have no idea what these beers will become. Each release of Veritas promise to afford us an opportunity to create new blends of beers. There are no time tables, specific release dates or market conditions driving the Veritas series. When the next batch is ready, we will tell you. Look for these incredibly small case releases to be a part of our Lost Abbey promotions, beer dinners, and educational experiences. In this way, we can all share in the Truth of what beer is, might be and even become.

mdfb79 (8) - New York, New York, USA - APR 7, 2011 does not count
From 03/19/11 notes. Huge thanks to Thorpe429 for sharing this one; thanks Mike! Served in a tulip side by side with Veritas 004. a - Pours a murky pinkish-purple color with an inch of light white head and moderate carbonation evident. s - Smells of raspberries, tart, sour dark fruit, grapes, oak, some light barnyard funk, and vinegar. t - Tastes of very tart raspberries, sour dark fruit, strawberries, funk, oak, citrus, and some acedic notes. m - Medium body and moderate to high carbonation. Dry finish and very mouth puckering, which I loved. d - Another amazing sour from LA; the best I’ve had by them so far. I preferred this one to the Veritas 004 as I enjoy darker fruits better and found this one much more mouth puckering. Out of the four Veritas series beers I’ve had so far, this one takes the cake. Would love to have again.

drabmuh (194) - Maryland, USA - MAR 31, 2011
Bottle shared by Thorpe429 in a side by side with V004, yeah, that’s right! Served in a wine glass (best I could do). I wasn’t there for the initial opening but based on the amount of overflow in the pot on the table, this bottle must have exploded. Beer does not look like I expected, I guess I don’t know what I expected though. It is hazy and pink with nearly no head, moderate carbonation and no lacing. Looks like a fruit lambic. Aroma is AWESOME. It is mildly sweet with the smell of raspberries or some other berry fruit, almost like seeds, the overall aroma is not sweet but that component is. There is some oakiness, mild acetic, some lactic, some brett character too. Smells really good. Beer is light to moderate in body, the lead off is bright and burning with carbonation with some immediate sweetness from some sort of fruit, this gives way quickly to some acetic brightness and some lactic smoothness. There is a mild tannic quality on the end of it too but it is not too bad or overwhelming, at all. The finish is nice, not too dry like you might expect but overall it is very tart. Back in the corners of your mouth you pucker and shutter. I really enjoyed this beer a lot. I think I liked it better than the V004. Thanks again Mike, what an awesome night. Serving type: bottle

jesperhammer (4727) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAR 30, 2011
29-MAR-2011, bottle @Papsø tasting Pours murky red with no head. Wauw what a nose. Sweetest berries, mostly cherry. Tartness can be sensed already on the nose, but then the sourness hits you on the palate - violently. This is really sour, but also really smooth. Very long taste with low carbonatioin. This is a fantastic brew.

joergen (27982) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - MAR 30, 2011
Bottle at Papsø. Hazy orange red coloured with a small white head. Fruity and light acidic aroma of oak and raspberries. Fruity and light acidic flavour of oak with notes of raspberries. Tart finish.

Ungstrup (37284) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - MAR 29, 2011
Bottled. An unclear red beer with a thin white head. The has notes of wood, brettanomy, berries, and lemon. The flavor is very acidic with strong notes of alcohol, vinegar, wood, brettanomyces, and berries, leading to a very tart finish.

AndreasJaeger (505) - Malmö, SWEDEN - MAR 29, 2011
Flaska hos Papsoe, Brunrosa färg utan skum. Doftar surt, brett, hallon, körsbär, röda bär och frukter, citrus och stall. Smakar hallon brett, sura söta citroner, grape, röda bär och frukter. Lång sur eftersmak med hallon och citrus. Underbar...

madsberg (11762) - Søborg, DENMARK - MAR 29, 2011
Bottled. Amber coloured. Murky. Small beige head. aroma of berries, intense sourness, wood, light vanilla, acidity. Flavour of extremely tart and sour. Loads of raspberries, spice, vinegar and wood. Full bodied. Tarty and sour berries in the end. Retasted at a higher tempature. Now the fruits are much more distinct, and countering the sourness, which still are very dominant. One can only say wow.

Papsoe (25063) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - MAR 29, 2011
Bottle 75 cl. Courtesy of Sean9689. Pours an opaque reddish amber with an off-white head. Very fresh raspberry aroma, tart though, a whiff of vanilla. Medium body, lively carbonation - comes a slow gushin’. Very fresh raspberry notes, again some vanilla, extremely tart, exotic fruitiness. Very tart indeed, nah let’s just call this SOUR!. 290311

Pinball (12060) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAR 29, 2011
hazy orange-red, very small head. very nice slightly sweet aroma, sour beer, red fruits, stingy citrussy acid note. flavor is extremely sour and acid and citrussy. On top of the extreme sourness and vineagra flavors, we’ve got some really tasty berries. Still, very acid, a little too much imo.

Rciesla (5499) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - MAR 27, 2011
Bottle. Pours a hazy ruby body with a white head. Aromatically delicious, makes my mouth water, lemon, tropical fruit, funky tart raspberries really really awesome. Unfortuately it took a dive here for me. The flavor is very acidic, viengar tones, lemon acidity, very sharp and rather strong too. Nice fruit notes from the raspberries and funk tones just cant compete with the acidity, otherwise this would have otherwise been stellar to me.