overall
RATINGS: 114   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.17/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Veritas-From the Latin meaning TRUTH. An original set of blended ales created in small batches by our brewers. We chose the word Veritas as in, the "Truth" be told, we have no idea what these beers will become. Each release of Veritas promise to afford us an opportunity to create new blends of beers. There are no time tables, specific release dates or market conditions driving the Veritas series. When the next batch is ready, we will tell you. Look for these incredibly small case releases to be a part of our Lost Abbey promotions, beer dinners, and educational experiences. In this way, we can all share in the Truth of what beer is, might be and even become.

Tweety (377) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 8, 2010
An absolutely phenomenal beer, looks like others had the same issues with carbonation here - this one was a helluva gusher, but we didn’t lose much to the foaming but the first 4 glasses were all head. Deliciously fruity and tart, and a beautiful color. Too bad I’ll almost certainly never try another bottle.

Schultsc (572) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 3, 2010
Thanks Dave for the incredible Veritas vertical tasting. This one was a huge gusher, even when thoroughly chilled. After settling down, it poured out a clear light bright pink with a loose soft pink head. Aroma was primarily tart raspberries with some bright red cherry aspects as well. The flavor is very tart with quite a bit of fresh fruit chacteristics. The sourness comes across almost with a key lime quality when combined when combined with the fresh raspberry notes--very fresh, fruity, and enjoyable. Very light, nimble, multi-dimensional body with very precise quality points. A grand effort, and my second-favorite Veritas (after 004).

BOLTZ7555 (3027) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAR 28, 2010
Rating #1200 shared by Rusty @ Hellbilly’s tasting...thanks RUSTY!!! This one was incredible!!! Golden raspberry pour with ample carbonation that created a thin ivory head that circled the glass. Whispy white clouds appeared throughout the sip. Aroma is pungent with acidic lemon juice, Bing cherry skins, Granny Smith Jolly Ranchers, and cranberry tartness. Lots of vinegar pucker with wet wood and tons of fruit. WOW!!!

cbkschubert (2901) - BFE, Arizona, USA - MAR 23, 2010
#2100 750 ml bottle shared by Rusty - Pours a hazy reddish-amber color with a thin light pink head. Lightly carbonated with no lacing. Aroma was vinous and tart. Flavor was tart cherries. I do mean tart! The finish was sour too. Go figure. I’m sure this is a great beer, but it was way too fucking tart for me. Still, I was very happy to have had the opportunity to try it. Thanks Rusty.

MeadMe (1664) - Fishhawk, Florida, USA - MAR 11, 2010
Bottle shared by JW77 A: Pours a dark brown with a small tan colored head. Okay retention and some lace. S: Bold chocolate notes. Very roasted with hints of coffee as well. There is a molasses like sweetness with hints of caramel. The barrel is there but not too over stated. T: Roasted malt and nice semi sweet chocolate up front. Hints of molasses and bitter chocolate as well. The barrel shows up in the middle with notes of fresh oak, vanilla, and light booze. M: Fairly full in body, great carbonation, and nice creamy mouthfeel. D: Good, I like this one. Look forward to opening a bottle when my palette is not already wrecked.

CaptainCougar (7133) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - MAR 10, 2010
Bottle at Woodshop 5.0 (2/20/10): Pours a hazy ruby red without much head despite the bottle foaming over. Has a fresh fruity raspberry nose with some tart complexity. Starts with good silky body and fine carbonation with nice oaky raspberry complexity before a puckering fruity finish. Very complex and enjoyable.

brokensail (16486) - Dublin, California, USA - MAR 1, 2010
A: The cork popped and this one was one of the worst gushers I’ve ever seen (beer all over the table). Once we got it into glasses, the pour was a hazy pink, almost red grapefruit color with a fluffy pinkish head. S: The nose on this beer is fantastically sour and fruity. A lot of orange, raspberry, and grapefruit notes come through very strongly. There is a touch of vinegar but also quite a bit of lactic tartness as well. The funkiness is a bit subdued, with perhaps a touch of must. T: The tart fruit flavors of raspberry and grapefruit are very powerful on the palate as well. The vinegar is a bit more noticeable but not to the point of hole burning. There is also a touch of grapes which works nicely with the other fruits. M: The body is a touch light for me, but the intense carbonation really works well here and actually makes the beer seem a bit fuller on the tongue. D: Despite the high levels of acidity, I found myself really enjoying this beer. The fruit qualities of this beer are exceptional and really made me want to drink more.

Snojerk321 (2960) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 27, 2010
750ml bottle thanks to Mike at Woodshop for cracking this. Pours a hazy glowing reddish orange with a big, frothy off white head. Nose was big on citrus and various berry fruits. Amazing on the palate with fresh orange and lemon peel along with a good amount or razz, cran and maybe boysenberry? Great stuff.

yespr (45751) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - FEB 22, 2010
75 cL bottle. Pours hazy orange with a small white head. Aroma is peachy and raspberry fruity. Smooth raspberry fruity flavoured, mild citric. Citric and distinct acidic raspberry fruity flavoured into the finish. Mouth drying.

Lagunitasfan (1323) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 22, 2010
Ididn’t bring the bottle. mikedashg did, but it rode up in the back of my car! Amazing beer. Bottle popped like a monster. Gusher that left an ounce or two on the floor before anyone could reign it in. One of those where you really wish it was a magnum so we could share it with more people. Murky rose in the glass. So sweet and spicy and amazing. Why can’t I just pick up a sixer of this at Bevmo? Thanks Mike.