overall
RATINGS: 477   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Lost Abbey Summer Seasonal made with grapefruit honey and grapefruit zest.

LOVEMESOMEIPA (10) - - FEB 16, 2014
Very well balanced Wit. Very good job on this beer. I would order this again! Great job #lostabbey.

chumba526 (6) - Washington, USA - JUL 4, 2009 does not count
An interesting feature of this wit beer and if done in an authentic way is that around half or to be conservative 3/4 of the bottle is a clear golden rich yellow. The other half or 1/4 is creamy due to the plentiful use of yeast. cork was easy to pull opt though with that said I can easily lift 150 pounds the carbonation felt completely natural- beer really should not have the carbonation of coke! The carbonation helps build the complex flavor of the beer. The flavors of the beer smelt like wheat -- no duh--, furthermore it smelt of citrus-- it seemed grapefruitish to me, due to the dryness. I like that this wit had had a touch of hops that was very mild, but added a kick that many wits are missing. The flavor was much richer than most wits; it tasted of vanilla bean. To me abbey has a tie with Avery for the best wit I have had-- I have only had American wits. A nice job from a brewery that choose to do what they want to do and not what the vocal clowns want them to do- there should be more breweries like them.

jstraw (1967) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 12, 2013
Draft at Jerry?s. Pale gold with fine, foamy, white head, good lacing / Fruity, spicy nose of tropical & citrus fruit, straw, resin, honey / Medium body, somebsprtz but thick, fruity, resinous, and lightly sweet, but with excellent hop balance, and lightly bitter finish / Flavors of pear, banana, orange peel, resin, straw coriander / An exceptional and complex wit.

HuskerTan (2396) - Ravenna, Nebraska, USA - APR 23, 2015
Bottle. A- Honey, citrus, subtle spice, slight mint, sweet. A- Egg yolk color, cloudy liquid, white head. T- Spearmint, honey, citrus, wheat, spices, banana. P- Light body, average texture, average carbonation, refreshing finish. O- I bought this and then saw it had a year and a half of age on it and thought damn, well this isn’t good anymore probably. Boy o’ Boy was I WRONG. This was amazing. A lot of honey on the nose with the usual Wit beer components and then a big taste of mint both spearmint and wintergreen on the palate. A very easy to drink beer and I only wish the bottle was bigger.

padrefan98 (854) - (San Diego) Santee, California, USA - AUG 4, 2008
Bottle sampled at the RBSG hosted by Lost Abbey. This one is right up my alley. I love the style and you guys hit this one on the head. Very good. Very refreshing.

imissmy64oz (21) - - NOV 24, 2009
Cork popped and aromas of citrus and grasses was present. Cloudy yellowish in appearance. Taste of honey, oranges, vanilla made it a very refreshing wit. Light body, thin texture, average carbonation and quick tasty finish.

MarinEvelyn (868) - Wisconsin, USA - JUL 17, 2014
very wheaty, citrus, yeasty. Taste is very smooth. Almost like a really really REALLY high quality shandy. Refreshing, lots of Belgium yeast but not too much. smooth, well balanced. nice. Aftertaste leaves your mouth wanting more.

ajm (1072) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 18, 2008
Bottle from Stan @ Lone Hill. My friends thought this was weak, flat and unexciting; while I admit I was looking for more grapefruit indications, I interpreted this beer as greatly smooth for a Wit. Not lemony or raucous in the way that Hooegarden is, this beer contains very slight honey, and I think the grapefruit zest counteracts the tartness usually around in a Wit - maybe a bit too well.