overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 356   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brown Ale with natural raspberry flavor. A chocolate Brown Ale with the essence of ripe red raspberries, made with malted barley, chocolate and caramel malts, hops, and natural raspberry flavor.

DanielBrown (4546) - Birmingham (via Leicester), West Midlands, ENGLAND - MAY 12, 2004
Bottle from Beverages and More, Mission Valley, San Diego. Very dark colour, only held up to the light can I see some brown. Very, very nice raspberry aroma. Delicious beer. Tastes like a raspberry and chocolate pie: a superb combination. Fresh and light, but a vivid flavour and a sweet aftertaste. Top notch.

schm1005 (151) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 17, 2002
I really enjoyed this beer. I think the rasberry blends very well with the maltiness of this brown. Good balance of flavor between malt and fruit. Low hop profile. This is something I would like to try brewing at home.

mystteria99 (2) - USA - JUL 30, 2001 does not count
unfortunetly, im not one for fruity drinks, however, if i was, this would be a winner in my book. its easy to drink, and has a delightful rasberry after taste.

Braudog (6835) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - APR 8, 2004
Deep brown with huge tan head. Robust berry aroma ... nicely rounded-out lightly bittered beer with the raspberry topping. Well done in the style that I usually don't dig too much.

dwyerpg (6410) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 24, 2005
Smells like raspberries, looks brown. This beer is really an enigma, in that is both quite fruity and heavy. Finish is rather thick. A good beer, but two at one sitting would probably be more than enough.

BennyTicklez (621) - USA - MAY 13, 2004
Pours dark brown with a good sized tan head. This stuff tastes like a chocolate covered raspberry. Goes down smooth but fills you up fast. I was surprised of how good this was.

Oscbert (1319) - Lincoln, California, USA - JAN 16, 2012
~Light chocolate malt and caramel with tart raspberry. ~Pours a beautiful garnet with small lasting creamy brownish head. ~Subtle hint of chocolate and caramel in flavor with lots of refreshing tart raspberry.. ~Med body, med CO2, refreshing, abrupt sweet finish. ~Not what I was expecting. I was expecting something sweet and syrupy. This has great balance and is very refreshing. This is one I could enjoy on a cold winter night or a hot summer day.