overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 480   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
A Crisp Citrus Beer with a hint of Tangerine.

LeftCoastRider's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
LeftCoastRider (110) - , Washington, USA - JUL 10, 2012
Pale gold in color, with a thick, white head. Aroma of citrus (duh). Okay, I’m going out of my comfort zone here, as I generally don’t like beers made with anything other than malted barley, hops, yeast and water. This one violates that rule in two ways: it has wheat and fruit in it. Wheat beer to me is a violation of beer morality, just as rice is (hello, Budweiser) and corn (hola, any beer from Mexico). And fruit? Hey, I love orange juice, and yes, even tangerine juice. But in beer?!! Anyways...why did I try this? Because a friend of mine says it is her favorite beer, and she has encouraged me to try it many times. So now the deed is done. The verdict? It’s actually not bad. In fact, it is a rather refreshing malted beverage. But I don’t think I would drink it when I wanted a beer - I would drink it when I wanted something fruity, refreshing and alcoholic.

berkshirejohn (6771) - Bracknell, Berkshire, ENGLAND - JAN 8, 2018
12oz bottle from Park Plaza Liquor & Deli, Prescott, AZ. An unattractive hazy amber pour with no head; tangerine aroma as promised; orangey taste with some wheat in the background; then a rather thin sweet finish with a hint of pithy bitterness. There are some good citrusy beers out there - this isn't one of them.

Mattyjay (7) - - OCT 24, 2017 does not count
Bottle from vero beach FL ABC. Pours golden with slight tinge of orange, very little head and no lacing. Initial taste is strong tangerine with slight silky wheat on the backend.

jthighflier (1) - New Carlisle, Ohio, USA - OCT 15, 2017 does not count
I have never been a beer drinker until recently. I never liked beer and usually drank bourbon or blended whiskey. Until my first sip of Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat. I am in love. Where has this beer been all my life? My only regret is I did not find it sooner. My favorite bar none. I have been sampling a bunch of new beers here of late but this is my go to.

ehaak26 (751) - - SEP 6, 2017
Part of a flight at Whichcraft Brews. Not a wheat beer fan, but I enjoyed this.

strap (981) - Sindelfingen, GERMANY - AUG 17, 2017
I dig the aroma but has a horrible aftertaste of skunked Budweiser. Tangerine aroma is sweet and initial taste is good...just rough on the palate ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

IndianaRed (5127) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 16, 2017
On Tap at Growler Guys Meridian. Cloudy dull golden orange. Thin off white head and spotty lacing. BIG time tangerine "cutie" orange aroma and plenty in the flavors as well. Decent standard wheat beer carrier for this orange vehicle. Not bad for what it is.

typeviic (13) - USA - JUL 18, 2017
Outstanding!! Very drinkable! Not bitter, which makes it a wonderful summer refresher. Outstanding bouquet.

yy0pp (1634) - - JUL 5, 2017
Bottle. Clear orange color without head. Aroma - Tangerine, lemon, soap. Taste - Sweet, lightly bitter, artificial, tangerine, lemonade.

PugUglyBrewer (842) - - JUL 4, 2017
Golden orange color and slight haze with no head to speak of. Sweet and pungent tangerine aroma and flavor with crisp cold ultra drinkability.

ajnepple (7362) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - JUN 29, 2017
12 oz single bottle from Hy Vee Wine & Spirits - Council Bluffs (Madison Ave). Clear golden to yellow appearance with a small white head. Aroma of citrus fruit, toasted grain and light zesty hops. Similar flavor, juicy, mildly sweet and lightly bitter with husky grain finish. Light body with a thin, slight watery feel and light astringency. Slightly artificial. OK.