overall
Brewed by Löwenbräu Munich (InBev)
Style: Dunkel/Tmavý
Munich, Germany

RATINGS: 81   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Lowenbrau Dark is brewed in accordance with the Reinheitsgebot, the German purity law of 1516, which stipulates that only the natural ingredients of barley-malt, hops, yeast and water be used in the brewing process

Gahan (1) - Kalispell, Montana, USA - JUL 3, 2003 does not count
to bad you cannot get this in the US anymore. I will take this over Guiness anyday

terry myers (10) - Franklin, Ohio, USA - MAY 7, 2001
Smooth dark ale. Nice flavor with just a hint of chocolate. So far, my favorite beer!

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - SEP 24, 2001
Now here we have a sleeper. To my surprise, this beer had a refreshing chocolatey flavor and a smooth aftertaste. An all around pleasant experience, and not real expensive, either. I agree with the other people, it is a damn good barbecue beer.

GreatSatanUSA (107) - Austin, Texas, USA - FEB 27, 2002
This had a clean crisp flavor to it that I really enjoyed. Smooth; a good ’drinking’ beer.

Aggie80 (818) - Michigan, USA - MAR 1, 2002
A delight to find on tap, this is a great choice for a night out.

HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - DEC 15, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 18, 2005 I LOVE THIS... I was shocked at how good this stuff was considering most of the ratings were low to average. Sweet, roasted, tasty malts. Very good! Serve on the colder end of cool, but not ice cold.

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 2, 2001
A really good beer with a solid robust taste.

Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2002
Not a rush of flavor but still deserves a lil credit.

punklawyer (100) - USA - FEB 15, 2004
I really like this one. A good full flavor with plenty of balance for sweetness and malts. I was impressed.

Yossel (1) - - AUG 23, 2013 does not count
Rating applies to 1960-1968 production, which included some corn. Current production is regrettably a wholly different experience, but at the time it was truly the best beer on tap on the Continent!