overall
Brewed by Löwenbräu Munich (InBev)
Style: Dunkel/Tmavý
Munich, Germany

RATINGS: 76   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Lowenbrau Dark is brewed in accordance with the Reinheitsgebot, the German purity law of 1516, which stipulates that only the natural ingredients of barley-malt, hops, yeast and water be used in the brewing process

gripweed57 (2863) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - MAY 15, 2017
From old tasting notes. Brewed by Miller in Milwaukee. Clear reddish brown color. Small bubble carbonation leads to a nice frothy beige head. Delicious chocolate roasted malt nose. Roasted malt flavor is semisweet and light. Hoppy middle and finish. Medium full bodied and flavorful. Lacks the complexity and maltiness of the German version.

bigbish (722) - California, USA - NOV 28, 2015
Didn’t take tasting notes. Just wrote down the score so I’m typing just enough words.

Headbanger (4021) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 15, 2014
12oz bottle Brewed by Miller (old Notes)-Pours brown with a small head. Aroma of malt and caramel. Taste of the same. This light to medium bodied brew was a pretty darn tasty brew back in the day.

vinivini (3000) - Gomel, BELARUS - OCT 19, 2013
From retail showing 4,7% ABV. Deep brown light to medium body, Thin porous head. Aroma of brown sugar, roasted malt, bread, rusk. The taste is of sweet & bitter in similar quantities. Disappointingly abrupt finish. Well I’ve tried it.

Yossel (1) - - AUG 23, 2013 does not count
Rating applies to 1960-1968 production, which included some corn. Current production is regrettably a wholly different experience, but at the time it was truly the best beer on tap on the Continent!

tnkw01 (1800) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 13, 2012
Ok. This rating is for the old Miller Lowerbrau dark. I really miss that beer. It was one of my favorite beers from my school days. I know some people didn’t like it because it had corn in it, but it actually was a great tasting beer. What I remember about it was it had the best aftertaste of any beer of the day and it actually got better the more one would drink. I know it will never happen but I wish there was some way of trying it one more time.

prozacpez (3) - Massachusetts, USA - MAY 18, 2011 does not count
alcohol, floral, cereal, Not one of my favorites though I have not had it in recent years

milewide (2315) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 1, 2011
Thin body and modest head. Very light carmel taste with little hop bitterness. Was much better years ago.