overall
Brewed by Löwenbräu Munich (InBev)
Style: Dortmunder/Helles
Munich, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1209   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

shintriad (701) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 29, 2004
Alright, this has a bit of a lemon/white pepper thing going on, and that’s cool. Overall, I found this boringly refreshing (not refreshingly boring, mind). Thin, fizzed-out bod. Love the label colour, plus the complete inability of anyone -- including native Germans -- to pronounce the damn name right.

johndoughty (5600) - cheslyn hay, West Midlands, ENGLAND - AUG 23, 2004
Yellow in appearance with virtually no head. Claims it is brewed in Munich and packaged in Britain. If thats the case its like some wines that dont travel. Quite dissapointing.

dwr1962 (47) - Wellsburg, West Virginia, USA - AUG 15, 2004
A nice balance of malt and hops. It’s not a world-beater, but I like it. It’s one of my favorite light-colored beers (not my forte’). I’d put it well over Heineken, Beck’s, and Foster’s, for example. A bit overpriced, though.

Boystout (1000) - Chisinau, MOLDOVA - AUG 11, 2004
An original brew from Germany which can be described only by one word: "metallic". Not much bitterness, soft watery palate. What else? Nothing.

Jedsbrew (464) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - AUG 9, 2004
Medium gold color with a creamy head and pretty good lacing, and a yeasty malty aroma. Medium bodied, soft, round and bready with a subtle hoppy tang. Superbly drinkable and a first class Helles if you can find some that’s reasonably fresh.

amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 7, 2004
grainy, cereal aroma. Pale yellow in color. Small white head that cling to the glass. Quite refrshing tastes. This says that it is imported from munich and I tend to believe it, this is way better than other pilsners i.e. Heineken. I enjoyed this amd I only paid $20.00 for the case.

Trappist (286) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 4, 2004
As a kid I used to see my uncles drink this stuff all the time, and now many years later I have tried it . Nice dry and crisp flavor and body, with mild carbonation and light to medium yellow body. However the downside is my uncles at the time where drinking the real Lowenbrau and I think I got the miller brewed stuff, but such as life.

Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 3, 2004
Gold color...thin white head...a little hoppy finish...definately not the premium product that price point leads you to believe...

RedEft (155) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - AUG 3, 2004
Weak aroma and taste of hops with a fairly alcohol bite. Went down smooth but didn’t sit too well. Average stuff, probably not worth the money to most.

davidCC (130) - New York, USA - JUL 30, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 1, 2004 This can be found in most super markets and probably any beer distributor here in northeast US. That is it’s only positive unfortunately as it’s cost is not worth it’s weak flavor.