overall
Brewed by Löwenbräu Munich (InBev)
Style: Dortmunder/Helles
Munich, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1211   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

heemer77 (5358) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - JUN 29, 2004
My bottle was green. So, of course, this had to have a skunky aroma. The taste and aroma is both light. A little malt. Has a cheesy aftertaste. I suppose that this would be an ok lager if it was fresh. Nothing here to make me want to come back again.

JonR888710 (999) - Cochabamba, BOLIVIA - JUN 25, 2004
Light gold body with a cotton head. Light english hop aroma. Sweet, pleasant taste with bubble gum, english hops and citrus. After is light and a little drying. Tasty, average beer.

mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 20, 2004
Beautiful golden color. Little aroma. Slight malt flavor. Low bitterness aftertaste. Pretty good beer.

Boutip (6374) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 14, 2004
Bottle: Poured a golden colored beer with a standard head. Aroma is quite weak with only some malt coming out of my glass. The same applies for the taste, which is quite weak. I don’t have a lot of experience with helles and this leaves me with the feeling of macro crap lager.

madquacker (1143) - Canberra ACT, AUSTRALIA - JUN 6, 2004
A pale weak appearance. A very simplistic beer which some how leaves you thinking it could/ should somehow be better. Short and sharp without much of an aftertaste other than a bit of saltiness & metal.

flakpanzer (6) - North Carolina, USA - JUN 4, 2004 does not count
What can I say..I love this brew. Good flavor, great kick. It makes me want to goose step across Munich! I do recommend!

DerBiermeister (586) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - MAY 31, 2004
Oddly enough, the aroma was striking to me. It smelt as if it would compliment sushi well (I had just had some good sushi). The appearance is a lightly dense golden, summery. Allow me to summerise. The flavour was like not-too-much-going-on, the palate somewhat not-happening, though it had more substance to it than your average American standard brew. In conclusion, mir gefaellt dieses Loewenbraeu. Ich wuerde es irgendwann gerne auch mal probieren. Ich freue mich, mein Bier zu trinken...

beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 25, 2004
it has a decent taste but it can get a little tiring after a while. not too bad overall though

miko (32) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 20, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 21, 2004 Great beer can’t live without it! Tips the scales in all the different ranges, and RIPS IT overall! Extremely refreshing!

Eructoblaster (4205) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 17, 2004
Limpid golden body topped with a dense and foamy white head. Average malty aroma that bears some skunky hints due to the green bottle. Taste is hoppy, refreshing and not overcarbonated. Honest bitter palate. Not bad at all. A step above Becks.