overall
Brewed by Löwenbräu Munich (InBev)
Style: Pilsener
Munich, Germany

RATINGS: 95   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

biermeister99 (4) - Windermere, Florida, USA - AUG 4, 2001 does not count
Overall this beer is better than anyother beer I have tried. It is very smooth and easy on the palate.

fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - JUL 2, 2001
This beer started out well and then went to pot when it warmed up. A bit fruity, slightly fuzzy. Not really worth it.

Delbomber (387) - Philadelphia, USA - JUN 29, 2001
Clear, copper coloring with very little head, this beer was not very enjoyable. Too much yeast and grain flavor. Tastes similar to Amstel Light, with a little more bite. No one can accuse this beer of being bland, but its taste sure leaves a lot to be desired. I still haven't found a better Canadian beer than Molson Canadian.

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - JAN 21, 2001
This beer shows up in the movie 'Scarface' quite a few times. Oliver Stone must have gotten a deal on a case of it.

Sammys (427) - Portland, Maine, USA - JAN 10, 2001
Nothing special, nothing horrible. Tastes a bit like Warsteiner, with a Canadian twist.

Bov (13456) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - NOV 19, 2000
..................................................

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUL 31, 2000
I always see this beer in grocery stores, so I thought I'd give it a try. 'Original Munich Formula' caught my eye. 'Imported' put me over the edge, as I threw it into my cart. Upon trying it, I thought, 'gosh, this 'German' beer tastes a lot like a 'Canadian' beer.' Lowenbehold, Lowenbrau is brewed and bottled in Canada under license of Lowenbrau AG, Munich, Germany by the Lowenbrau Brewing Co. in Toronto, Canada... imported by Labatt USA, no less. ANYWAY... the color is very light straw - clear as glass. Flavor has a slight spiciness, interesting, but almost teasing. It's still a mass-marketed beer. Don't get me wrong though, it's got MUCH more flavor than American macros. Maybe they're trying to capture 'all' of the demographics with this one? I don't think that'd be possible.