overall
Formerly brewed at Riva Brouwerij (Duvel-Moortgat)
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Dentergem, Belgium

RATINGS: 563   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
A Belgian golden ale. On the nose it is lightly hoppy and yeastily spicy, with faint caramelly malt notes and a touch of citrusy and estery fruit. The head tastes extremely bitter, as is often the case with this style. Surprisingly fruity, but with a strong hoppy bitterness. There is a warming, malty, vanilla quality to it, which develops into an alcohol kick towards the end. Secondary fermentation in the bottle.

BrideOfFrankenkitty (44) - Illinois, USA - MAR 6, 2006
This poured a bright yellow with a white head. The aroma was sour bananas and the flavor was citrus and sweet. The palate was fizzy and smooth at the same time. I liked this enough that it was the only beer rated at Delilah’s.

Laf-o (41) - Toronto, Ontario, POLAND - MAY 11, 2003
I can see some of the apeal in this brew, unfortunatelly to me it seems like the proportions between igridients are way off and the resulting brew is bunch of ingridients fighting for space, I simply couldnt finish it...

jek803 (41) - USA - SEP 16, 2003
I had this before Duvel and liked it VERY much. However, once I had Duvel I could appreciate the subtle diffrences in it. STILL it is a very good Belgian Ale.

Albert (39) - Miramar, Florida, USA - MAY 28, 2002
Smelled awful, tasted bad. Not what I thought is was going to be. Boddington is a better golden ale

rshah16 (39) - Illinois, USA - JUN 3, 2007
pours hazy, straw color, well carbonated. thin-medium mouthfeel; citrus, grapefruit taste. alcohol taste is prominent. sweet/ sour end. okay.

Stijn Cuylle99 (37) - Oostende, BELGIUM - APR 21, 2002
I was disapointed by this one. Bitter, that’s all i can say. Almost no flavors.

TonyBanannas (36) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 17, 2006
Bottle, pours a clear yellow with a white head which fizzles down to a thin rim. Nice sweet aroma, spicy taste. I had this after just getting out of this 100 degree heat were getting in the NE. It quenched my thirst very well.

LeoN (26) - Athens, GREECE - OCT 4, 2006
Bottle (330ml). I thought that Ale beers are not my "Style" at all but at the end of the day, after trying Lucifer i realised that there is the Oasis in the middle of the dessert. Golden colour, great taste, lots of alcoholwithout making the beer so strong.

hairy (25) - liverpool, New York, USA - JAN 29, 2002
nice beer ,at first you smell spicyness,earthy,and peppery aromas, fading to amalty bready aroma.with alittle mustyness,golden in color ,with a nice bite at first,alcoholwarming,followed by a bready yeasty finish

bkuzmin99 (20) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 1, 2002
Like its name suggests, this stuff is wicked!! Real smooth and fruity taste, but after 2 of them you start to buzz.