RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

Most RecentTicked By

beerinmarch (2830) - Washington, USA - OCT 20, 2006
My first imperial common, not much of a claim i guess. pours a clear amber with a soft white head. Toasty dry malt up front with a light hopped finish. Can’t say this beer stands out in any way, but I guess neither does a california common or what ever they are called. Tastes like it should have a watery palate, even though its kinda thick on the palate, just nothing really stands out.

Oakes (18851) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 8, 2006
On tap at the pub. Deep brick amber. Lots of woody, lemony hop with a big dose of toasty malt. Crisp bitterness and woody, slightly citrusy hop along with nutty, toasty malts. Late alcohol. So, there’s all these elements but they don’t come together at all. It straddles half the stylistic universe and yet never manages to take me any place at all. I just don’t get what I’m supposed to get out of this beer.