overall
RATINGS: 83   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Gold Medal Winner at the 2009 Great American Beer Festival. Silver Medal Winner at the 2010 World Beer Cup. This handsome ale is created by balancing a selection of crystal and caramel malts, then moderately hopped resulting in a rich, full flavored satisfying brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ben4321 (6254) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - MAR 18, 2014
Location: Draft at Bonkers!, 3/4/14

Aroma: The aroma is clean bready malts, some caramel, and some light hops as well
Appearance: It pours an amber color with a medium head and some average lacework
Flavor: The taste is clean malts, some light sweetness, and a light bitterness as well
Palate: The body leans light, but not watery, with an easy drinking mouthfeel to it
Overall Impression: I already covered my enjoyment for Bonkers! in my review of Lumberyards APA, but it is still a great name. My opinion hasnt changed in the 5 mins since I entered that rating. This beer, however, is only okay. I was just excited that Bonkers! has 2, count them 2, craft beers!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ferris (14832) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 11, 2014
Draft - Caramel and toasted malts. Clear copper with a rich head. Toasted malts, some toffee and light hop bitterness. Nice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
SpiritToAle (32) - - FEB 10, 2014
Great color. The lacing is heavy for such a light head. This beer just tastes a bit yeasty to me. It reminds me a lot of Fat Tire and for the life of me I can't understand how that became one if the most popular craft brews in the country. I mean...I'll drink it if I have to...if PBR and Bud are my only other options....but I really don't wanna. Yea...this red ale makes me feel like that. And it even has 50ibus. Where'd they put em? I've tasted ales with less hops and more flavor many times. I'm confused ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Huhzubendah (3698) - Washington DC, USA - JAN 25, 2014
The beer is transparent with a copper body. An inch or so of creamy, off-white head sits on top. The aroma brings sweet breads, fruit, malt. Hop character emerges more in the flavor than the aroma, offering a light bitterness mid to late palate. Subtle pine and resin amid a fruity, slightly sweet malt bill. Light to medium in body with soft carbonation. Pretty drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
BelgianBeerGal (4021) - Panama City, Florida, USA - NOV 9, 2013
Can from Flagstaff. Nice amber color with a lasting white head. Aroma reminds me of malted milk with some green hops. Flavor is mild with only a slight hop bite at the finish. Okay.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
nimbleprop (8189) - SouthWest, Washington, Washington DC, USA - OCT 17, 2013
Sampled at GABF. Pours an orange with some cloudy, white head. Sweet nose, orange, yeast, root veg. Flavor is malty, orange, root veg. Very simple. Clean finish. OK, but not a game changer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DiarmaidBHK (4654) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 15, 2013
Can from AJs fine foods Scottsdale. Pours red with a couple of inches of white foam. Not much on the nose. A bit of copper and caramel on the tongue. Pretty much like any other beer in this category.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rick_91709 (434) - USA - AUG 18, 2013
Poured from a can. Brownish gold with minimal head. Malty aroma. Slightly sweet taste with a little bit of lingering bitterness. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
Westchesterco (1984) - mclean, Virginia, USA - JUL 21, 2013
At the brewpub on draft it is a clear amber beer with a slight head a slight hoppy aroma and not much of a taste withbitter overtones.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Iphonephan (6827) - Jackson Hole/McLean, Virginia, USA - JUL 12, 2013
On draft at the brewpub. Pours a clear amber with an off white head. Not much aroma. Light malty flavor with some hop bitterness.