RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%

Most RecentTicked By

ElGaucho (2401) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - FEB 16, 2007
I seem to have enjoyed this more than the rating would suggest. My sample was small, but I remember enjoying it noticeably better than the Brown Shugga that I had on tap at Lunar shortly thereafter. The one detrimental aspect to Big Bang is the aroma. Some hop evident but not great for a B-wine. Nice hazy yellowish orange. Plenty of flavor. Strong and malty . Sweet. Very nice brew. I hope it’s still around next time I go.

frankenkitty (2014) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - FEB 13, 2007
This pour found an un-holding head above a well-hazed, deep amber body. Banana-esque esters dominate the aroma. Flavor finds plasticine notes to a base of Belgian yeastiness. Extremely dry finish. I’m surprised to find this more yeasty than anything else.

<font size=-4>Draught snifter (10 oz.?) on <a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/events-detail.asp?eve @ <a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Brewing Company, Villa Park, IL 60181</font>

SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - FEB 12, 2007
#1017, on tap at the Brewery for the Feb 2007 Ratebeer Chicago Area gathering. Hazy, lazy glowing orange with a thin tan head that was long lasting. Taste is strong with lots of hops, malts and alcohol with just a kiss of yeast. Esters and some formalyn as it warms up more. Full body crisp and interesting.