overall
RATINGS: 63   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.05/5   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Lvivske Mitsne (Strong) is a strong light beer with sweetish, surprisingly strong but delicate flavour. Lvivske Mitsne (Strong) is a model of traditional hop beverage thanks to its noble bitter note. This beer will become an intrinsic part of your history; it brings relaxation and good mood.

mithe's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mithe (1696) - Opava & Brno, - JUL 16, 2012
(Bottle 0,5l) Light sweet, light spicy aroma. Clear golden color. Huge white head. Medium sweet, very alcoholic taste. Alcohol warm finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
GhostS (246) - Chișinău, MOLDOVA - MAR 17, 2017
Aroma - simple, industrial lager, with lot of dusty grains and straws, a bit oily, warmed wheat flour, yeasts. Taste - quite a bit unpleasant, with a malty sweetness, a lot of malt, a bit of bitterness, old peach jam, yeast. Unpleasant.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Lowenbrau (4000) - Asturias, Oviedo, SPAIN - NOV 3, 2016
500ml bottle from some Eastern Europe product shop. @home 03-11-2016.
BBD: not seen/understood.
In short: crap strong lager.
Pours little hazy dark gold with nice frothy white head head. Short head retention, little lacing. DMS, grainy sweet, skunky nose. Medium body, average carbonation, crispy texture. Taste is quite sweet, adjuncts, cooked vegetables. Quite poor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mejiajav (8) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - OCT 4, 2016 does not count
If Ive ever had a Ukrainian beer before, I cant remember it. I guess its time for me to go check my Untappd archives. Ive never been impressed by Euro Lagers. As a matter of fact, I recall disliking most of them. This 7% monster pours a beautiful, bright golden color with about 2 fingers of head. The aroma is very sweet and citrus-like. Much more pleasant than I would have anticipated. The head dissipates quickly with very little lacing left behind. On the front, the sweetness comes through the second it touches your tongue. There is a faint booziness to it in the middle and back, but at 7% it should definitely be stronger. There is definitely a very strong malt backbone with very little on the hops, which barely make an appearance at the very back. Notes of wet-grain, wheat and honey all throughout. I am still surprised at how sweet this beer is with very little bitterness. There is very little to no aftertaste. And what little there is feels sweet and pleasant. I typically dislike these beers because I cant shake the aftertaste bitterness for a while. This beer definitely does not have that issue. This is something I could drink a few of quickly, which makes it a pretty dangerous beer! An issue Ive always had with European beers is that they always seem to be very old when I grab them off the shelf. Because of this, they always taste stale and flat and unpleasant. But my bottle tastes fresh, so I can only assume this is not a problem here. According to Beer Advocate this is discontinued but it is a new product in the area so who knows. I dont think I would buy this again but it was nice to try it. Probably one of the better examples of a European Lager Ive had. https://agrainoftruthblog.wordpress.com/20

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
kingofthemtn (55) - - FEB 22, 2016
As my wife pours this down the drain, I no longer wonder why she wanted me to try this first. From the aroma, I should have known not to go further. The appearance is pleasant enough, golden yellow with thick white head. The taste....well, the other reviews say it all. I think my favorite was infected musty stale corn. If your taste buds had nuts, this would be kicking them. Oily, greasy excessively sweet palate. May be good to have in your trunk during the Ukranian winter to refill windshield washer fluid. Do yourself a favor and drink stella artois or dos equis instead.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Rperez (262) - Florida, USA - FEB 17, 2016
Forgettable light beer, a lot of these eastern european beers are pretty similar, great beers for hot days ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
ectuohy27 (1106) - ESTONIA - DEC 26, 2015
Fairly thin body and a bit watery but its not the industrial-runoff, boozy brew that other Ukrainian strong lagers can be...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
josanguapo (1508) - SPAIN - OCT 23, 2015
From Festival de las Naciones. In Paulaner glass. Watching Better Call Saul 1x02. Too sweet and alcoholic.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
DCLawyer (2825) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - SEP 7, 2015
Bottle taste at Travlrs DC tasting. Gold with small white head. Odd, with bready malt, lite citrus, booze. Unpleasant.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
solidfunk (8584) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - SEP 6, 2015
Fairly terrible but good if I was down on my luck in eastern Europe. Pale blonde. Bottle at tasting.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
Westchesterco (1964) - mclean, Virginia, USA - SEP 6, 2015
From a bottle at the RB DC tasting September 6. It is a clear gold color with a white head. The aroma is of boozey malt and the taste is a bitter then perfume sweetness. Quite unusual