overall
Brewed at Carib Brewery

Style: Sweet Stout
Luton, England

RATINGS: 1035   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Editor’s Note: This is a higher alcohol version of the British Mackeson Stout. Formerly brewed in the United States by Boston Beer Co. at their Cincinnati location (the old Hudepohl brewery). Presently brewed at the Carib Brewery in Trinidad (and St. Kitts).
This is the version that is commonly exported to South East Asia

Modminks (6) - lafayette, Louisiana, USA - JUL 15, 2006 does not count
Oh Mackeson, what can I say, your my favortite stout today. Rich creamy deliciousness in a bottle.

mmalby (1) - Lee, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 21, 2006 does not count
Not for everyone, but for me this is THE BEER that made all other beers taste so so.

SturmWulf (65) - USA - SEP 3, 2007
Very nice aroma of Malt, cream, chocolate, coffee and molasses. Poured a dark black with a nice tan/brown creamy head that slowly receded into a creamy cap. Left very nice lacing on Pint. Flavor was of roasted malt, dark chocolate, cream, touch of molasses, vanilla, coffee and milk chocolate. Excellent flavor! A sweet beer. Has a medium body, creamy and smooth, soft carbonation with a sweet, quick finish that was refreshing and pleasing. A excellent Sweet/Milk Stout!! The only problem I have is I could drink this all day!!! :) Guess I have no problem with it come to think of it... :) If you like Cream, Sweet or Milk Stouts, definitely don’t miss this one! Served in a Pint, this one was made in Cincinnati. One of my favorites!

sdsmith4u (1) - Trophy Club, Texas, USA - FEB 18, 2008 does not count
Dark beer does not get any better than this. As stouts go, this one is unique, and in a delicious way! What a pleasant luxury every time I get to enjoy one.

Abrummie2 (1) - Kentucky, USA - MAR 7, 2009 does not count
Excellent beer! Where can it be purchased now that my local supplier does not stock it anymore? I simply hate the weak or scented besers that seem to stock the shelves of US outlets for beer these days.