RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.83/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

Most RecentTicked By

queenholly (3623) - South Whitley, Indiana, USA - SEP 30, 2012
Tap at brewery. Brown with a small beige head, light lacing. Sweet nutty/roasty caramel malt aroma. Sweet roasty barley malt flavor. Light to medium body.

shrubber85 (11623) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - SEP 29, 2012
Draft (assume this is the same beer as 6 years ago). Very light chocolate malt aroma. Medium brown with small head. Sweet molasses and chocolate malt flavor. Not bad - solid enough beer.

patrick767 (4204) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - APR 12, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2006 draft - First, this is not the Mad Anthony Big Daddy brown ale. The bartender didn’t think it was and a regular patron assured me that another bartender told him it was not. It’s an entirely different recipe, hence the new entry. Now for the beer - it pours transparent brown with a thin head. It has a very faint malt aroma. The flavor is a disappointingly mild roast malt with little hops presence. I guess it’s easy to drink, but it’s too thin and lacking in flavor. A couple of patrons told me the Big Daddy brown is much better, so I wish I’d been able to try it instead.