overall
RATINGS: 466   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   IBU: 26   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
The original Extra Pale Ale, this is the one that started it all. Our first brew was introduced in 1989 in Golden Gate style kegs. We have stayed true to our beginnings and still brew it the way we did back then. A bright golden hued ale with a medium body and a crisp spicy /floral hop character and very mild bitterness. This unfiltered ale has a pleasing mouth feel and remains our most popular brew. This beer goes with everything and every occasion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SpringsLicker (3500) - Tennessee, USA - DEC 6, 2004
Hazy deep yellow color that supports a tall, thick, white head. Lightly malty aroma. Thin body with a flavor that has an orange aftertaste. Kinda wierd. Not the best Pale Ale out there, but some will like this I guess.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 20, 2004
Clean fresh hop and malt aroma, a little biscuit on 2nd whiff, intial sweet malt taste, with just a touch of hop aftertaste. Tasted more like a German Pilsner. Aroma was more promising than the taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DarkElf (3061) - La Jolla, California, USA - NOV 19, 2004
(12 oz bottle) And heres another one of these beers that I havent had in many, many years, used to think was extremely hoppy back then, and now cant imagine on what planet this beer would be considered extremely hoppy. In fact, this is a pretty light, fruity beer with a nice balance of a mildly sweet and grainy maltiness coupled with a moderately bitter hoppiness that stays in balance right through to the finish. The nose is grainy, lightly hoppy, with some mild sweetness. Light to medium bodied, but doesnt seem thin or watery. Medium yellow in color, and fairly cloudy from fine sediment. Small off-white head fades to a sheen. Overall, this is an easy drinker, good when you dont want anything heavy, which for me, is a rare occurrence!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Terminus (3626) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 2, 2004
12 oz bottle-pours an orange hue with minimal white head-no lacing. lemon citric aroma-acidic sweet lemongrass. Flavors of straw, citric hops, spicy and floral. lots of pale malts. light crisp body that was light in the refreshing way. an average pale.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
mribm (460) - Ocala, Florida, USA - OCT 29, 2004
12 oz. Bottle. This beer was more like an unfiltered Belgian ale / hefeweizen, rather than a Pale ale. I hate this bait and switch method that some brewers use. I dont like either style, so I wouldnt buy this again. I was looking for a Pale Ale. I did however purchase other Steelhead beers along with this one. I sure hope they are more representative of their styles than this beer was!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
ChillCoat (1029) - Concord, California, USA - OCT 18, 2004
Hazy, pale yellow color. Smells and tastes of banana and wheat(?). This is not what I was expecting when I opened it. Its a very easy drinking beer but not what I look for in a pale ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 28, 2004
I overchilled this one, so the head is small and white, and the body is a hazy straw color. The nose is more malt than hop. Nice balance, a little sweet, some nice fruitiness. I'm giving this the benefit of the doubt, due to the overchill, so I may be overrating it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
motelpogo (7705) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - SEP 10, 2004
bottled. very tame and inoffensive. soft grassy, pine aroma, some mango nectar sweetness and not much sign of a finish

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Reid (2393) - Salem, Oregon, USA - AUG 15, 2004
Served in the 12 oz brown shortneck. It is a light orange /dark yellow ale in appearance, its quite hazy and there is no head to speak of. The aroma is very citrusy..though not in the usual "pale " way..this reminds me of a hefe for some reason. The taste though is unmistakable..classic American pale ale , loads of hops and a nice enough malt backbone.Good bitter aftertaste. Pretty nice feel on the tongue for a pale..its quite smooth and easy to go down. A good drinkable beer though has some odd characteristics.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - AUG 7, 2004
Bottle poured a nice golden color, looked good but not much of a head. aroma was fruity creamy and just a little hoppy. Very good taste with a creamy mouth feel and very easy drinking.