RATINGS: 2240   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because theres never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
hellomynameis (876) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - APR 11, 2006
What the hell was this? It was easy to realize it was a fruit beer, but everythign beyond that was a toss-up. The body was almost amber with a generoues and rocky head that faded quickly. There was a fruity sweet aroma that reminded me a little of cherries. Odd sweet flavour with more cherries or tart something. I think the appeal of this beer is the fact that it is wildly different, not because it is good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
acertain (249) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 9, 2006
My god; this was horrible. Admittedly I was too impatient and didnt let this warm up beyond about 42 degrees, so maybe it would have been wonderful warmer, but I almost gagged when I swallowed the first mouthful. I tried one more to see if I could come up with some descriptive terms to use here, but it wasnt worth trying any harder. Fruit? Didnt smell or taste any. Mostly tasted like a bad American Pale Ale to me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sersdf (1020) - chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 9, 2006
this was pretty good. i might have enjoyed it more if some friends of mine hadnt compared this to the much superior Piece Wingnut (almost an IIPA). nevertheles decent. "a fruit beer" is kinda deceptive too

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Magjayran (1378) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - APR 7, 2006
Pours a yellow color with a quickly diminishing white head. The aroma is pleasing with strong apricot smell dominating everything. Unfortunately the taste starts to border on malternative territory with its ridiculous sweetness and overbearing apricot flavor. Its really sort of boring. Its crazy how much people in the northeast talk about this beer. Its really not that special.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MonsterMash (58) - North Tonowanda, New York, USA - APR 7, 2006
UPDATED: APR 8, 2006 Good but I could only have one before the peach drowned out all else. Good with Guinness as a Black and Tan.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
biznizness (1128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 5, 2006
How on earth did I never rate this beer, despite seemingly having a fridge full of them at all times? The reason I always have #9 around is because I dont like it that much, and I buy the variety cases and this beer is always the last to go. I would compare this beer to a lead-off hitter that strikes out too much. This could be an effective "specialty" beer, but it doesnt work for me as the flagship beer of Magic Hat.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 12/20
RobKormal (36) - Libertyville, Illinois, USA - APR 2, 2006
On tap in Cheers, Boston. Light amber color with interesting aroma. Had an aftertaste of some sort of bread. Got more interesting as the flavor took hold.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
beerlover82 (235) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 1, 2006
Light golden-amber with minimal head that fazes out quickly. OK lacing, with aroma of fruit and sweetness. Taste is sweet and fruity(maybe apricot???), a little thin-bodied. Not too impressed, as I am not a fan of fruit beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
weare138 (9) - Pleasantville, New Jersey, USA - MAR 31, 2006 does not count
This beer looks really good but has little aroma and the only flavor I could make out was the apricot.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
stef92 (128) - Williamstown, New Jersey, USA - MAR 27, 2006
On tap - Pours a light golden color with a nice creamy head. Aroma is clearly fruity, apricot with a slight yeasty smell. Taste is very light with a hint of sweetness. A very drinkable beer but reminds me of a light beer (a little watered down). Could use a boost of flavor. Overall not bad but would prefer a little stronger tasting version.