RATINGS: 2110   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

Bigbutch10 (6) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 14, 2005 does not count
The essence of this beer is directly in its name. I have very little clue why I like this beer that it might possibly be magical. It has a refreshingly fruity taste with a bold accent of a pure pale ale. Its mysterious and impossible to get in my area, but everytime I am in Brooklyn it is my #1 choice.

footbalm (1219) - Western Minneapolis Suburbs, Minnesota, USA - MAR 8, 2005
Pours a clear golden color.Nose is fresh apricots and hops.That’s right :apricots.Flavor is pretty much cornand adjuncts.Little bit of fruits.

bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 8, 2005
I’m very surprised that this is ’fruit beer’ -- what kind of fruit? I don’t get it. this is not the best from magic hat, that’s for sure

SuIIy (1984) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - MAR 6, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 3, 2005 Bottle. pours light orange w/ off white head. lots of bubbles. nose is sour peaches, maybe rotten. taste is watery and sour peaches. lacks substance

jonas (8277) - Garching close to the monks, GERMANY - MAR 4, 2005
Bottle
Amber, creamy head. Perfumed aroma. Flavor is also overly perfumed, like in soap, strikes me as artificial, grainy cardboard in backgound. Light body. Not my cup of tea

MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - FEB 28, 2005
Bottle: Poured light orange with a big off white head. Had at around 55 degrees. Aroma of apricots and peaches, earthy hops. Flavor is all apricot with same earthy hops. Short finish. I thought this was good. I could drink more of this.

Crockett (1139) - Southampton, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 22, 2005
One word, Aprihop. It’s better. Sorry, deal with it. Pours deep gold light amber with a short white head. Aroma of barnyard, yeast, peach skins, light hops, toasted grainy malts. Fruit, peach more than apricot, a little licorice. Green hop bitter, sweet sappy resin. Balanced but not very deep in character. Decent.

cfranz (261) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 19, 2005
On tap at the Mad Raven in Waltham, Mass. Had a nice smoked fruit flavor - sort of like a dry fruit compot taste. Hopped and smooth.

Holdwine (1240) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - FEB 7, 2005
Always a favorite. Nice pale ale with that mystery fruitiness- fig, prune, apricot. Nice hopped finish.

joeyplush (648) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 2, 2005
This is a unique tasting beer which tastes better to me as you work your way through the glass. Great lacing, and an interesting color.