RATINGS: 2108   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

rhapsouldize (174) - Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2004
Sweetish fruity beer with definite, but not overpowering, notes of apricot. I've always liked this beer a lot. Medium copper color with a medium white head that leaves some thin lace. Very drinkable.

ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2004
Sweet peach/apricot nose with a copper body and tasty light apricot hops flavor. I like this beer because the fruit flavor isn't overwhelming like many fruity beers.

beerhugger (542) - Oshawa, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 4, 2004
Tremendously fruity aroma - raspberry then citrus then perhaps other berries??? - coming out of a light golden beer with a quickly dissipating white head. Mild hops and more fruit hit the tongue but nothing remarkable to follow the fruity aromas. Slight aftertaste is a little subdued and earthy. OK.

r464 (2362) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 11, 2004
Gold to light copper in color with a faint aroma. A pale ale? Well, a bit fruity and light, easy to drink, but not memorable. This is more of a summer ale.

daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - FEB 5, 2004
This wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Fruity with a crisp finish. If I wanted alcohol in my fruit juice I'd make a mixed drink...

Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - FEB 3, 2004
Gold color, very distinct apricot taste. One of the magic hat staples, but always good. Had this before but waited until now after having it at a bar on tap. (2/4)

dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 31, 2004
Golden in color with a small white head.Fruity with a subtle apricot/apple aroma.Fruity and lightly hopped, no real malt present.

MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - JAN 30, 2004
I'd heard about this beer for a long time before I had it. Why the heck do people seek out this beer? This sucks. Light cider-gold. Nose lagerish, but a bit skunky, a bit of a sour breadiness to it. Flavor is just a fascinating combination of medicine and apricots, like some kind of kid's cough medicine brewed up in a dingy pharmacy somewhere. Should be called Magic Hat #2, as "number two" would be an appropriate description.

Eyedrinkale (3214) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 28, 2004
Sampled @ brewery. Cloudy yellow color with a full malty aroma. The first thing you taste is blueberries and peaches. Then I come to taste the real mystery of this stuff which is ____. I know, but I'm not telling (unless you ask).

ruffian (149) - montvale, New Jersey, USA - JAN 24, 2004
Gold color, white head. Light body. Quite evident apricot aroma. The apricot taste is balanced by some bitterness, which fades to a sort of yeasty flavor. I've been a fan of it for a while, and usually find it quite refreshing. However there are times that I've had one and found it to taste awful, days that my taste buds just don't appreciate the fruityness of the beer.