RATINGS: 2103   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

igneous1 (1535) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - DEC 28, 2003
hazy medium golden, nice white head. very fruity and very floral aroma. flavor is exactly the same...some grapefruit, some mango and unripe peach and pear. WAIT!!!! i just read austinpowers rating and realized mango wasnt the flavor...it is the apricot..just had to point that out

leaparsons (10606) - Wigston, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - DEC 27, 2003
Copper coloured. This has a toast and butter with toffee aroma. Flavours are smooth, if flat. A mellow IPA, even? Has a sour fruit finish. A weird beer.

peafarmer (1) - annapolis, Maryland, USA - DEC 22, 2003 does not count
This ale woke me up like no ipa ever has. Its taste is so unique and pleasant that I will add it to my "must have" list.

Lizabeth (360) - east falmouth, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Dark gold with a creamy white head. Smell and taste of sweet apricots. Minimal malt in the flavor but no hops to speak of. Smooth finish

beerman08 (17) - USA - DEC 11, 2003
A lot of hippies like this shit, but it's alright if you buy it too. It's a good beer just to sit and chill with, believe me, I ain't no pot smokin' hippie. Pick yourself up a sixer and drink. Peace

NJBeerman013 (1054) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - DEC 5, 2003
Aside from a slight fruit flavor, it tasted like a plain old ale. Smooth and easy drinking.

Cobra (1100) - - DEC 5, 2003
12 oz. brown long-necked bottle. Best by end of July, but no year noticed. Clearly, this beer is old, and I mean really old. Poured out a light amber color, with no head, and very little carbonation. Nothing in the way of aromas stood out to me, except that damned Ringwood yeast. This may have been a decent beer if they'd change to an American ale yeast, but as it is, it's just plain nasty. Tasted stale, no fruitiness, no hops, no nothing. Stale is the word. A certified drain pour if ever there was one. Good thing I only bought one to try it out, because I'd be mad as hell if I had a six pack of this pig swill to get rid of.

Jayb0 (1205) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - DEC 3, 2003
I like this beer. It is one of the only totally quaffable (even right from the bottle) fruit beers. The apricot does nothing but add a light refreshing character to an otherwise straightforward, slightly creamy ale.

tiggmtl (4544) - East York, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 26, 2003
Strong apricot aroma and flavour. Thin white fully diminishing head on hazy straw body. Medium body. I find the fruit flavour to be artificial and cloyingly sweet. Although I do generally like the output of this brewery, I'm not a big fan of this offering. On tap at the brewey and bottled.

bu11zeye (13029) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - NOV 21, 2003
(Draught) Pours a cloudy yellow with a small white head. Has a strong apricot aroma and a clean fruity flavor. Nice and refreshing for a fruit beer.