RATINGS: 2107   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

rodzilla79 (90) - Maryland, USA - OCT 14, 2010
A good beer. It smells strongly of apricots, but lacks the overwhelming fruit taste I had expected. I found it to be very enjoyable and easy to drink.

Hungarian_G (90) - - SEP 15, 2012
Poured pale yellow from a bottle with medium off-white head. Aromas of pitted fruits and sweet malt. Malty taste and overly sweet for my taste, with notes of peaches and apricots, but also of artificial sweeteners and extract flavours. Overall, wouldn’t order it again.

whiskeyrocks (90) - Lindenhurst, Illinois, USA - JAN 4, 2013
Does not smell very good. Has a light color like apple juice, little bit fizzy. Almost no head on pour. Very strange flavor can’t really taste much. There’s a little bit of a fruit flavor on the back end. Overall not very impressed probably wouldn’t drink again.

llbjr77 (89) - Largo, Florida, USA - MAR 22, 2013
Smells of fruit, spices and a little nutty. Pours a nice amber with a "normal" head. Leaves a little aftertaste that is not a good thing!

lobosaintori (89) - - JUL 24, 2015
Clear light yellow in appearance, mild in flavor, sweet fruity peach and berries. . Palate is medium bodied with lively carbonation--a little too much initially but mellows as it sits in the glass. Quick finish. Overall, a nice highly drinkable beer with good flavor profile. Not complex but good either on its own or paired with food

kenjohn (88) - Texas, USA - MAR 28, 2012
Pours clear gold, 1-finger head reduces to a thin film. Smell is light citrus fruitiness with hoppy undertones. Taste is light and mellow beginning with slight citrus and sweet notes.

jcdsmack (88) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - JUL 30, 2008
Fuity beers are not always my thing but No.9 is really good it just has a subtle fruit flavor under what is otherwise a english style mild ale. It has a good color and hop complexity and pours a nice amber hue I wish we could it more easily here in the west but I always have a few when I go visit the fam in NY.

Gabler (87) - , New York, USA - FEB 26, 2009
I’m not sure why it seems so hip to hate this beer. It pours a nice apricot color, smells like dried apricots and the flavor is a great balance of apricot and subtle yeast. The mouthfeel is refreshing and the finish is quick and dry. Really, it’s a pretty nice beer.

ZR2Blazer (87) - Christiansburg, Virginia, USA - MAY 26, 2009
Bottle - pours a nice golden yellow, looks like a light beer. Very little head, dissipates quickly. Has an undertone of citrus fruit. The bottle says on the label, "not quite pale ale" I would have to agree. Does not contain the strong citrus or hops of an APA, but does have some under tones that are similar to one. I think this is a great introduction into APA’s. I would buy this again.

Balthazar (86) - Clinton, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 27, 2002
Very fruity and hoppy... interesting taste, took a little while to adjust. I liked it.