RATINGS: 2243   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

metsbcd (83) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 5, 2008
One of Magic Hat’s most popular, I didn’t really care for it that much. Its a fruity beer, and has kind of a weird taste to it. I didn’t find it all that refreshing either. Has a nice looking color to it, so at least it looks nice.

BrewMoose (83) - Florida, USA - FEB 24, 2013
Draft. Beer came with a small cream colored head. Apricot aromas and some slight hop background. Has a apricot and malt sweetness to the flavor. Very light hop. Some soapy ness in the finish. An average beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

JdoubleyouS (82) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 14, 2004
A great beer brought back from Vermont for me. Nice peachy color, light, but full of flavor.

valejo (81) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - MAR 17, 2005
Huh? Huh? This beer is weird and I don’t think I like it. The taste is very fruity. Peach, maybe? Other folks have suggested apricot. either way, this is probably an acquired taste that I have no interest in developing.

beeroverthere (81) - USA - APR 10, 2012
Color:Bright Orange Aroma:Candy sweetenss Body:The beer hits you with an initial fruity sweetenss moving over to mellow and light malty with a hint of bitterness Finish:Light dry bitterness Over-all/Mouth-feel:Light and refreshing.

suchen (81) - , Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 15, 2009
Aroma was nothing too special, other than a bit of apricot in there. The pour was again not too special. A golden orange slightly cloudy brew. The flavor was refreshing and delicious. A slightly sweet apricot that simply put blended perfectly with the...well... beer flavoring. I don’t think of this as a fruity beer, but more that the apricot makes the beer taste like what I’ve always wanted plain lagers or ales to taste like. I don’t care if that makes sense, cause after this I’m floating on cloud... well you can probably guess.

tzakiel (81) - Virginia, USA - DEC 1, 2009
A bit of fruit taste in this slightly hoppy beer. Not bad at all. cereal, citrus notes.

william146 (80) - Winterville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 22, 2010
On tap at Winslow’s Tavern, Greenville, NC Fruity taste but rather smooth; understated.

TJay7481 (80) - Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA - MAY 31, 2011
Had this beer while outside at a BBQ. That being said it is a pretty decent summer beer. Light gold color with light hops flavor. Notes of citrus and apricot. Nothing special, but you could do worse.

seekingup2 (80) - - DEC 12, 2011
I used to like #9 a lot more than I do now. The smooth apricot flavor is still nice, but doesnt do it for me like it used to.