RATINGS: 2243   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

DaveB (73) - Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 16, 2007
On tap at an outdoor wedding reception in Masachusetts. My other choices were two Anheiser Busch products and Bass Ale. The Magjic Hat poured amber in color with a medium head. Very pleasant taste, not too fruity , nice and smooth with an easy finish. It didn’t knock me on my can like BBC Steel Rail Ale does. There must have been some other Magic Hat #9 fans there because they had to deliver a 2nd keg later in the day.

JohnCoyne (73) - Alabama, USA - AUG 13, 2008
Smells of raisin with hints of fruity apricot. Pours a clear crisp gold/copper color in the glass with a small white head. Tastes slightly bitter followed by apricot, ending clean and crisp.

hopnpop (73) - Wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2004
Been to a hair salon lately? I think this beer was too. The aroma reminds me of hair dye and perfume. Unfortunately, it tastes like hair dye too. Perhapo I had a bad bottle. Regardless, I’ll leave this one for the stylists to enjoy. Yuck!!

benclarkiii (73) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - FEB 19, 2007
I only had one pint of this but I couldn’t get myself to try another. Maybe the sampling I had was skunky, but I found no balance in this beer at all. Too much fruit or spice. Overall disappointing.

CelticJohnny (73) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 7, 2014
12 oz bottle poured into a shaker. It appears a macro like golden body with literally no head. Smells like candy, very artificial smell. The taste wasn't great, kinda bland. The palate is a bit thin. Nothing thrilling. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jjw2000 (72) - USA - MAR 29, 2003
UPDATED: APR 22, 2003 Sweet, slightly tangy peach flavor dominates and the light-medium body is consistent with the fruit flavor. Occasionally, might enjoy one in the sun, for a change of pace. Not a beer that I like to drink in quantity.

Smoke3Smokes (72) - Boone, North Carolina, USA - JUL 17, 2007
King of country and western troubadours baby. Tastes good and goes down smoother than a lesbian’s chin.

thenumber1g (72) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - MAY 2, 2009
12oz bottle poured in pint glass. I like this beer because it’s very casual, it goes down smooth and is much better then drinking a Bud Light on a hot day.

grebs (72) - Ohio, USA - AUG 11, 2009
Something of a guilty pleasure. Predominantly fruity with some hops near the end. I kinda like it. Generally a good beer to get people to try to steer them away from Blue Moon and the like. Respectable.

alogan97 (71) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - AUG 10, 2012
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2012 Light fruity aroma. Golden brown color, pours with minimal head. Has a fruity taste. Light on the palate. I love this beer! One of my favorites.