RATINGS: 2109   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

MtStateBeer (84) - Hurricane, West Virginia, USA - MAR 15, 2008
12 oz. bottle. Pours an orange/amber color with average head. Smelled of hops, a little pine/citrus. Tasted the same, sweet with a light to medium body.

tbnguy (84) - - AUG 4, 2014
A refreshing beer for a hot summer day. Slight fruity aroma. Taste is a little too sweet for me, but a nice easy thirst quencher.

metsbcd (83) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 5, 2008
One of Magic Hat’s most popular, I didn’t really care for it that much. Its a fruity beer, and has kind of a weird taste to it. I didn’t find it all that refreshing either. Has a nice looking color to it, so at least it looks nice.

Kcwildcat98 (83) - - APR 28, 2012
Has nice red/gold color. Major first taste is fruit. Almost sweet like note. Not much lacing on glass. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

kieleszd (83) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - APR 27, 2008
Apricot, Apricot, Apricot oh how you taste look and smell. I’m not sure why your named nine but your a little flat but a suitable salut for the summer. If you like a little more fruit in your flute than #9 is a magic hat, but I’m straying away from this style.

JdoubleyouS (82) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 14, 2004
A great beer brought back from Vermont for me. Nice peachy color, light, but full of flavor.

valejo (81) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - MAR 17, 2005
Huh? Huh? This beer is weird and I don’t think I like it. The taste is very fruity. Peach, maybe? Other folks have suggested apricot. either way, this is probably an acquired taste that I have no interest in developing.

suchen (81) - , Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 15, 2009
Aroma was nothing too special, other than a bit of apricot in there. The pour was again not too special. A golden orange slightly cloudy brew. The flavor was refreshing and delicious. A slightly sweet apricot that simply put blended perfectly with the...well... beer flavoring. I don’t think of this as a fruity beer, but more that the apricot makes the beer taste like what I’ve always wanted plain lagers or ales to taste like. I don’t care if that makes sense, cause after this I’m floating on cloud... well you can probably guess.