RATINGS: 2110   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

Chronoflash (76) - New York, USA - SEP 13, 2010
A clear orange-gold body and a dense white head with very low persistence. The aroma is heavily of apricot and orange peel, with a slight spiciness but no to low maltiness. A light body carries a very tart-sweet flavor, with a sharp bite on the finish. Not a terribly wonderful beer, and far too tart to be complex.

HopBurp (74) - Michigan, USA - MAR 29, 2011
on tap at Five Guys burgers/fries @ Greektown before wings game last night. This would be a good beer to drink on a hot summer day as it’s light and crisp with fruity flavor.. I tasted a lot of peach in it, but it wasn’t like wine cooler offensive. Needs more hops though. Probably wouldn’t want more than a couple

jdavisesq (74) - - DEC 20, 2012
On tap at Georgio's Pizzeria, South Barrington to pint glass. Pours deep golden with limited head and low carbonation, some lacing. Aroma is malt and fruit. Taste is malt up front, a little apricot, mild bitterness. Refreshing and more pale ale-ish then bottled version.

growler (74) - West Virginia, USA - JAN 24, 2005
12 oz. bottle. Pours a straw colored gold with a wispy white head. Has a fruity aroma of peaches, apricots and raspberries. Very little bite from the hops that were used. Although not my kind of beer, I was somewhat suprised. It was quite refreshing. Wouldnt mind trying it again on a hot summer day. I guess if you like the fruity tasting stuff, give it a try!

thenumber1g (74) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - MAY 2, 2009
12oz bottle poured in pint glass. I like this beer because it’s very casual, it goes down smooth and is much better then drinking a Bud Light on a hot day.

benclarkiii (73) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - FEB 19, 2007
I only had one pint of this but I couldn’t get myself to try another. Maybe the sampling I had was skunky, but I found no balance in this beer at all. Too much fruit or spice. Overall disappointing.

DaveB (73) - Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 16, 2007
On tap at an outdoor wedding reception in Masachusetts. My other choices were two Anheiser Busch products and Bass Ale. The Magjic Hat poured amber in color with a medium head. Very pleasant taste, not too fruity , nice and smooth with an easy finish. It didn’t knock me on my can like BBC Steel Rail Ale does. There must have been some other Magic Hat #9 fans there because they had to deliver a 2nd keg later in the day.

JohnCoyne (73) - Alabama, USA - AUG 13, 2008
Smells of raisin with hints of fruity apricot. Pours a clear crisp gold/copper color in the glass with a small white head. Tastes slightly bitter followed by apricot, ending clean and crisp.

ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 11, 2001
A great brew that goes down easy and has an equally good after taste........

hopnpop (73) - Wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2004
Been to a hair salon lately? I think this beer was too. The aroma reminds me of hair dye and perfume. Unfortunately, it tastes like hair dye too. Perhapo I had a bad bottle. Regardless, I’ll leave this one for the stylists to enjoy. Yuck!!