RATINGS: 2243   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

Apellonious (53) - USA - JAN 11, 2007
12 oz bottle, 12 pack...Pours reddish orange, thin head, dispersing quickly. Aroma is fruity, flowery, slightly hoppy. It is a one of kind beer, that’s for sure. If you like an ale with some fruity tang, than I recommend it. The taste, although a tad on the watery side, is interesting enough to hold it together from the start. It is smooth. Haven’t really been able to nail down the type of fruit (rasberry banana orange grapefruit blueberry??). Maybe the 9 is for the number of fruits. Or the types of hops??? Or the # of times I have wondered what the meaning of life is when I am taking a dump and the power goes out????

rick10485 (53) - oneonta, New York, USA - AUG 8, 2007
As wierd as it sounds it falls between a IPA and a Pilsner, with a slightly fruity twist. This beer is delightful on the taste buds even though it may have a bit too much going on. Yeasty, hoppy, and thick lacing. It has it all and pulls it off well.

BeerDeltaBravo (53) - Oregon, USA - JUN 20, 2012
Pours a turbulent amber with a slight head. Light lacing. Very light spicy aroma, maybe a little apricot and caramel. Overweening herbal palate, with guava and circus peanut. Watery mouthfeel and very light finish.

XO (52) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 27, 2004
I had this beer on tap and I really liked it. A very nice aroma with a slight fruit taste. I thought it was peach but my drinking buddy said it was apricot. Light bodied, short, white head. It went down quick so I ordered another!

VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - DEC 26, 2002
I just didn’t like this one. Maybe I’m not a fruit beer fan.

slf245 (50) - USA - AUG 22, 2008
Yum- a little sweet, but still gives a nice refreshing swig. It is one of my "regulars" for the fridge.

xray (50) - Bloomfield, New Jersey, USA - NOV 28, 2004
Boring and one dimensional. Tastes like a macro with some apricot flavoring added.

VVilliam (50) - USA - DEC 3, 2006
Bottled. Poured a medium orange/brown color with medium head. The aroma was a really nice mix of citrus and apricot. The taste was just as delicious with lemon and fruit giving way to mild hops. Just a little bite, no real carbonation, and goes down smooth. Unfortunately, the beer got much less flavorful as I drank it until it was just a waterish beer. I would order it over many other beers.

beerfinder1 (49) - PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 25, 2007
It was ok, not much of a taste to this one. I have been dissapointed on many of magic hat’s brews. This one was no exception.

fuckbudlight (49) - Michigan, USA - SEP 1, 2010
Good IPA-style beer for people who don’t like hops that feel like pop rocks in their mouth. Nice crips, hoppy flavor. Easy drinkability. Nice, mainstream pale ale.