RATINGS: 2110   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

slf245 (50) - USA - AUG 22, 2008
Yum- a little sweet, but still gives a nice refreshing swig. It is one of my "regulars" for the fridge.

cgil68 (50) - - AUG 20, 2016
Bronze copper in color. Pours with a tall head spicy aroma. Lot of malt fruit not an ipa. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

fuckbudlight (49) - Michigan, USA - SEP 1, 2010
Good IPA-style beer for people who don’t like hops that feel like pop rocks in their mouth. Nice crips, hoppy flavor. Easy drinkability. Nice, mainstream pale ale.

VoodooBear (49) - San Juan, PUERTO RICO - MAR 10, 2013
Presentation: 12 oz. brown bottle with no freshness date. Served in a Sam Adams sensory glass. Appearance: Healthy one and a half fingers of head that stay a while and eventually start to thin out. Swirling the glass around a bit brings it right back to life. Dark gold, very deep color, yet very clear. Leaves behind some great lacing. clings all over the glass. Smell: Smells mainly of apricot hard candy, pretty sweet and pleasant. A bit of malt in the background as well. This is a beer after all! Taste: Very fruity, without being overwhelming. It tastes of apricot candy, malty as well. Just a hint of hoppy bitterness. Mouthfeel: Light, refreshing, smooth, very easy to drink. Good amount of carbonation. Semi-dry and quite tart despite the fruitiness. Very pleasant all in all. Overall: A fun and refreshing any-time brew. Interesting in the taste department, but always feels like a beer. Perfect for when you just wanna sit back, relax and have some fun drinking a cold one. You won’t be missing your go-to, ’run of the mill’ lager when you have this "not quite pale ale" by your side.

BigDaddyBlues (48) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 3, 2007
This is better than the awful Circus Boy but still not a beer I would buy again. Lots of fizz but little taste. I will stay away from Magic Hat in the future.

0.8
rohash (47) - New York, USA - FEB 24, 2009
Possibly the worst beer I’ve ever tasted. I choked the whole bottle down though as I do not waste beer.

1.4
dwh50 (47) - Clay, New York, USA - SEP 22, 2006
Obviously I did not like this beer. The aroma was reminiscent of lemongrass. A hazy gold color, a decent head, but I did not like the flavor which reminded me of green tea. As far as I was concerned, its strongest point was the palate. If had good mouth feel dispite its flavor. All in all I’d drink a lite american lager before I’d drink this again.

BeerBellyOSU (47) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 22, 2007
Mellow golden color, little head. Aroma is lightly fruity, but certianly not as strong as I’d expect in a pale ale. Too sweet, but I could drink it.

Rvrndmaynard (47) - Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, USA - APR 25, 2007
On tap at Mile Square in Hoboken. When i was younger, i used to think that i was drinking good beer when i’d get a number 9. Now as i’ve gotten older i’ve realized that the number nine is ok, but nothing special. The apricot comes out very well, and the pale ale that backs it up isn’t too bitter. Not bad, but i’ve had way better.