RATINGS: 2240   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because theres never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
MawcDrums (19) - Plantsville, Connecticut, USA - JUN 20, 2007
Lots of fruits in the aroma, apricots and peaches. Needs more hops to balance out the sweetness, not crisp enough. I enjoy the fruit flavors however, and it makes this beer (while a little bland) still drinkable. Mouth feel is thin and bubbly, lots of carbination. There is an odd flavor with this beer that I cant place, its a characteristic of this beer, Im not sure however. Not BAD, not amazing either.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jordanb (19) - Virginia, USA - AUG 9, 2008
"Not quite pale ale" is a little coy; in fact, this is nothing like a pale ale, but is nevertheless quite a beer. An almost luminescent orange color with a mildly spicy, citrusy, almost saccharine nose, the flavor is quite unique. While it’s too sweet to become a staple, it’s certainly one of the more baffling beers (in a good way) I’ve had in quite a while.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
lordsummerisle (18) - New York, USA - JUN 20, 2009
Very light beer with taste of pear, apricot, and faint hops. Nicely carbonated. Definitely a unique brew and totally drinkable, just nothing special in my mind.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hades665 (18) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - APR 3, 2010
Color is a ver nice shade of gold. The smell is fruitty, apricot and perhaps some lemon. The taste likewise leans the way of fruit "apricot". Light body, very easy drinking. Very little hop presence. This is a very easy drinking beer that I intend to enjoy more of this summer as I relax on my deck.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Kevinkarpiak (18) - Massachusetts, USA - MAY 30, 2010
A fine beer, but nothing to write home about. If it were the one microbrew amongst a selection of macros, I take it for sure. Most likely itd be outshone by something else

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tkerin (18) - USA - SEP 22, 2011
I still think this is a great beer. Sure, its a little bland, and fruity, but its a nice beer to have on hand for the girls

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
bloodnok (18) - USA - NOV 12, 2011
far too fruity, nasty in fact. was hoping that a beer that hinted at being a pale ale would be nice and bitter not sweet and fruity. tasted of raspberries, something that i like on its own but not in my brews. wont do this one again ...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Jackolan (18) - - AUG 2, 2013
On tap at BJs. Not knowing it was apricots, it tasted to me like a hard candy. A harsh finish. Interesting, but I won't order a second. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
wlittle (18) - Gloucestershire, ENGLAND - NOV 25, 2013
Bottle to glass at room temp. Overly carbonated which spoilt any flavour! You can taste the apricot which was kinda nice. Bit of a metallic finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bclasen (17) - USA - OCT 29, 2003
I never thought of myself as a fruit beer lover, this doesn't change my mind. Strong aroma of apricot, pours to a nice orange/tan color, little head & lacing. The first and subsequent tastes were pleasant enough, though there didn't seem to be any aftertaste. A nice fruity taste that disappeared to nothing. I miss the taste of hops, not a bad beer, but in my book, nothing to write home about.