RATINGS: 2110   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

TyRip (40) - Canton, Ohio, USA - MAY 27, 2007
Little to no head, pours a shade darker than your crap domestics. Nothing great to look at, but has that apricot aroma that is inviting. This is a pretty light beer overall, with lively carbonation. The apricot flavor is just enough to add a great flair, and the finish is pretty quick and dry, with the perfect amount of hop bitter to keep it from being watery, but without leaving hop bitter as the only thing you can taste all night. A great tasting all around beer that I will definitely enjoy again.

nd1748 (40) - dundalk, Maryland, USA - OCT 22, 2007
got this draft in PA ok glad the apricot isn’t over done orange, clear, white foam,

Allie (40) - USA - NOV 29, 2007
I had this on tap at a local place. The barman seemed to think it was a pumpkin beer, and I sampled it under the same delusion. It came with a small, bubbly head that sank quickly. The body was a clear pumpkiny yellow-orange, not a bad color at all I think and quite distinctive. The aroma was certainly on the sweet side, though I couldn’t tell you what the sweetness came from. The taste is complex, clear, and clean. It’s quite hoppy and bitter too, though pleasantly so, and there’s a rather sharp bite on the end. This beer seems to frustrate people, because it’s so hard to describe and categorize. I had the same difficulty, but I like it anyway. There are a lot of things going on in this beer, and I think Magic Hat deserves credit for creating such an unusual brew. It’s pretty good, too.

TopherJackson (39) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 20, 2010
Ok so I know what people think about this one but I really enjoyed it and I’m a Imperial Stout, ABt person. Now let me say that the enviroment played a big role in my rating. This is an outdoor, warm day fishing on the bank beer or a outdoor bbq beer. Like a little brother of DFH Aprihop. Lots of fruit and a little spice. Put this out in cans Magic Hat so I can take some to float the river!

MrAndo (39) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUN 23, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2006 this is a good all around beer. It has a nice little bit of apricot aroma as well as taste, but the fruit dosn’t overpower the beer. I like it from the tap or by the bottle

thebrymanosu (39) - - MAY 10, 2013
Really great and complex fruity flavors. Not over the top sweet and not the familiar fruit beer flavor. It offers a more robust malt backbone. Overall a great beer.

talleyrand (38) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 3, 2010
Sweet, hop-filled aroma. Copper color, with noticeable floating particles. Taste compliments the nose, revealing a lush blend of sweet hops. Sits comfortably on the palate. A highly recommended session beer; especially good for summer evenings on a crisp night. One of the better sweet beers on the market.

irishpenguin13 (38) - Leesburg, Florida, USA - DEC 11, 2007
super swell liquid. i love the apricot... a great drink for all ocassions. well, maybe except a car accident.

guinness4life (37) - USA - MAY 1, 2002
Way too fruity for my palate, interesting but wouldn't purchase. I really do not like it due to sickening sweetness. In all fairness though, a well produced beer, but very weird taste, tastes like going camping i.e: very fruity and herbal with an almost raspberry aftertaste. Good beer if you want to get in touch with nature. Others try before you buy. Completely one of a kind though.

Nightoneobob (37) - USA - JUN 29, 2003
Strange beer. Looks somewhat orange tastes a little like a pale ale. More fruity flavors than anything - apricot maybe? That said, quite drinkable and well balanced.