RATINGS: 2243   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

courtney2073 (11) - USA - APR 3, 2003
This verges on girl-drink (what? that's a COMPLIMENT) in terms of sweetness and refreshingness. I appreciate its secretive apricot splendor.

Patik (11) - New York, USA - JAN 12, 2004
I love this beer. It's just light enough with just the right amount of flavor. The aroma is worth a moment's savoring. In bottles it is good, but on tap it's great and has a bit more aroma.

aweb (11) - USA - SEP 30, 2004
Drinking one of these is a good idea. The apricot is not overbearing and makes for a yummy, crisp beer. After about three of these, however, the apricot flavor gets old.

agulsrud (11) - USA - OCT 12, 2004
Very fruity beer. Good mix of flavors, hard to pick out an individual flavor. Might be overstated. Great initial taste though. After taste is a little tainted.

mbptp301 (11) - USA - DEC 4, 2006
Out of a bottle. Nice aroma, good look, however, half way through it , I was ready for something else.

baileyuk (11) - Wixom, Michigan, USA - MAY 4, 2008
Pale Ale meets Shorts Brewing Soft Parade? Ap - Poured a very clear golden amber. No head and little lacing. Ar- A complex fruit smell, nothing like I was expecting from a pale ale. F - Hops were very light and were largely hidden by the fruit. I thought I tasted raspberry in there but I did not see that on other reviews. Maybe a little strawberry also. Overall a decent, and surprising, taste. P / O - Although I liked this beer I could not drink that many. It would be something I may order again, especially outside on a hot day.

illteez (11) - Annandale, New Jersey, USA - AUG 20, 2009
Usually get this on tap at various places, but tried 12 oz. Bottles recently because I was looking for something light and enjoyable. Tastes like an apricot ale and is better in the bottle than on tap where it is somewhat bland. Another great summer beer to be enjoyed after some yardwork or your weekly softball game

Dandeman321 (11) - Ohio, USA - DEC 2, 2009
The taste was bold and very strong. It was fruity and I tasted apricots. The one strong fruit taste was too strong for my liking.

Chalice (11) - Oneida, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 1, 2010
Floral and fruity, yeasty. Poured nicely with big head that dissipated quickly. Is apricot the secret...?..There is something in there. Not unpleasant, but a little odd on the finish. could be maltier. Different, for sure.

creature99 (10) - USA - JUL 29, 2002
Eventhough my rating is not glowing, I think this is worth a try. I am not a big fan of fruit beers, but this is an interesting one. It is not overly artificial tasting. I think if they used more hops (for both bittering and aroma) this could be good.